Highlighted

What Setting Does A PC Need To Better Run Aftereffects

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, 

So, I'm not tech-savy in the slightest. I'm using a Dell XPS 13

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8145U CPU @ 2.10GHz, 2304 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s). 4 GB RAM. 

I had a issue with my sound and microphone that I had to manually redo a bunch of settings to get them to work: 

Everything recommended on here: 

https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/XPS-13-9370-extremely-slow/td-p/7306512

Long story short, now AfterEffects takes a lot longer to export than it did. An export that used to take an hour now takes 12. What settings do I need to tic in order to make it run like it used to//even better if possible? I've tried Google, but figured the experts on here could help. Another issue it does now is the computer goes to sleep periodically during exports despite me going to that setting on the computer and telling it to never go to sleep or let the display go to sleep. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Topics

Error or problem, Import and export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

What Setting Does A PC Need To Better Run Aftereffects

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, 

So, I'm not tech-savy in the slightest. I'm using a Dell XPS 13

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8145U CPU @ 2.10GHz, 2304 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s). 4 GB RAM. 

I had a issue with my sound and microphone that I had to manually redo a bunch of settings to get them to work: 

Everything recommended on here: 

https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/XPS-13-9370-extremely-slow/td-p/7306512

Long story short, now AfterEffects takes a lot longer to export than it did. An export that used to take an hour now takes 12. What settings do I need to tic in order to make it run like it used to//even better if possible? I've tried Google, but figured the experts on here could help. Another issue it does now is the computer goes to sleep periodically during exports despite me going to that setting on the computer and telling it to never go to sleep or let the display go to sleep. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Topics

Error or problem, Import and export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The minimum RAM requirement is 16 GB. I am surprised that AE even runs if you only have 4. You also did not give us any project info. I create comps that render at 5 to 10 frames per second and other comps that take between one and three minutes a frame to render. When the render time starts approaching 3 minutes per frame I start redesigning the composite. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines