Highlighted

What The Hell?...

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it just me, or has AE been making everyones life miserable lately? The past three weeks have been a mind numbing s*** show. A project that should have taken 1 week tops, took 3 weeks of trouble shooting, crashing, glitching, export issues and every other problem you could imgine. I tried deleting the current version of AE and installing the previous version... No go. Tried the beta version, no go. Read every forum thread I could find on all the various issues, and while they helped a bit with one issue, another would take its place. What I'm doing is not overly complicated in the grand scheme of things and I'm no newbie to AE so my settings and workflow are on point. At this point I'm seriously wondering why I pay so much every month for something that makes my work so damn difficult. Unless Adobe gets this program running in a way that professionals with deadlines can actually use it, I'll be finding something else to use. Sitting in front of a montitor for days on end is a pain in the ass to begin with, but dealing with constant crashes and all this other crap makes it intollerable. If it's just me, then ok, clearly I'm doing something wrong, but from what I've been reading it seems like a lot of people are experiencing simlar issues. WTH Adobe?

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

What The Hell?...

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it just me, or has AE been making everyones life miserable lately? The past three weeks have been a mind numbing s*** show. A project that should have taken 1 week tops, took 3 weeks of trouble shooting, crashing, glitching, export issues and every other problem you could imgine. I tried deleting the current version of AE and installing the previous version... No go. Tried the beta version, no go. Read every forum thread I could find on all the various issues, and while they helped a bit with one issue, another would take its place. What I'm doing is not overly complicated in the grand scheme of things and I'm no newbie to AE so my settings and workflow are on point. At this point I'm seriously wondering why I pay so much every month for something that makes my work so damn difficult. Unless Adobe gets this program running in a way that professionals with deadlines can actually use it, I'll be finding something else to use. Sitting in front of a montitor for days on end is a pain in the ass to begin with, but dealing with constant crashes and all this other crap makes it intollerable. If it's just me, then ok, clearly I'm doing something wrong, but from what I've been reading it seems like a lot of people are experiencing simlar issues. WTH Adobe?

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 03, 2020 0
Mylenium LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, sure. It seems AE goes through this every five years and I'm sure many long-time users are just as frustrated and at the end of their wits. But then again it's sooo typical Adobe and AE in particular... They just don't care as long as you pay your subscription and rather than actually finishing anything properly, the just throw on more nonsense onto AE's ailing infrastructure with every release.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 0