• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I add music to my composition and preview, it seems to be slowed down for some reason

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, I'm brand new to after effects and i am not really sure what in the world is causing the music playback to be slowed and vary like it does. I'm going to include a capture that plays the start of a song correctly first then shows how it sounds in After Effects.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Imgur Link to video showing issue example 

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Expand the Info Panel and you should see the playback frame rate. The audio is slowing down because the system isn't keeping up. Don't expect AE to playback in real-time without fully rendering a preview. There are options in the Preferences to mute audio if not playing back in real-time and there are options in the Preview Panel to cache before playback. Just because all of the frames show rendered to cache (the green line) doesn't mean they will playback in real-time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines