• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I import an After Effects Project file into another Project file...

Advocate ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this is an easy one, but I'm need to be sure.

I import Project #2, into Project #1.   I make changes to all comps in Project #1, including makeing some changes to the newly imported Project #2 comp files.

Then I save Project #1

Question: Does anything happen to my original Project #2 file?  Will it be the same with no new edits?

Thank you!
Letty

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

The original project connection is lost upon import and all data structures of the imported project get integrated in the native project structure whereas the external file remains unchanged. So your #2 file will remain unaffected even if you completely muck up #1.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original project connection is lost upon import and all data structures of the imported project get integrated in the native project structure whereas the external file remains unchanged. So your #2 file will remain unaffected even if you completely muck up #1.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! Solid info and solid answer.

Letty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines