Highlighted

When I import an After Effects Project file into another Project file...

Enthusiast ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this is an easy one, but I'm need to be sure.

I import Project #2, into Project #1.   I make changes to all comps in Project #1, including makeing some changes to the newly imported Project #2 comp files.

Then I save Project #1

Question: Does anything happen to my original Project #2 file?  Will it be the same with no new edits?

Thank you!
Letty

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Mylenium | Most Valuable Participant

The original project connection is lost upon import and all data structures of the imported project get integrated in the native project structure whereas the external file remains unchanged. So your #2 file will remain unaffected even if you completely muck up #1.

Mylenium

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

When I import an After Effects Project file into another Project file...

Enthusiast ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this is an easy one, but I'm need to be sure.

I import Project #2, into Project #1.   I make changes to all comps in Project #1, including makeing some changes to the newly imported Project #2 comp files.

Then I save Project #1

Question: Does anything happen to my original Project #2 file?  Will it be the same with no new edits?

Thank you!
Letty

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Mylenium | Most Valuable Participant

The original project connection is lost upon import and all data structures of the imported project get integrated in the native project structure whereas the external file remains unchanged. So your #2 file will remain unaffected even if you completely muck up #1.

Mylenium

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 12, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2020 1
Enthusiast ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Solid info and solid answer.

Letty

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2020 0