• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where can I buy After Effects CS6?

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the gist of this. I don't WANT creative cloud. I can't afford a monthly payment for software I want to own and keep for myself, like my old copy of Photoshop CS3 for example. I want to have my own copy of AE CS6 so I don't need to struggle with monthly payments.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

You can't buy a new legitimate copy, but you used to be able to sell and transfer the license to another person. If you do not go through the process of transferring the license directly through Adobe then you have an illegal copy.

There is another problem. You are not going to be able to use a newer computer and OS for very long. The very next system update could kill your Adobe apps.

If you are just doing VFX and Graphics as a hobby then, like any other hobby, you have to pay what it costs to d

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't buy a new legitimate copy, but you used to be able to sell and transfer the license to another person. If you do not go through the process of transferring the license directly through Adobe then you have an illegal copy.

There is another problem. You are not going to be able to use a newer computer and OS for very long. The very next system update could kill your Adobe apps.

If you are just doing VFX and Graphics as a hobby then, like any other hobby, you have to pay what it costs to do it. If you are making money with AE and you still can't afford to subscribe then you are going to be out of business very soon. If you are a student you can pay for the entire CC suite by skipping one trip to the coffee shop per week. Any High School or College, or any legit school ID will get you a license for everything for next to nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've got a lot of outdated software, so I'm used to manually fixing everything by myself. I'm disabled and have to buy medicine in order to live a lot, and a lot of people seem to believe not buying one drink fixes budget, for some odd reason...?

So basically the sum of this is, wait for money to appear after I get my GED or pirate it (which isn't even SAFE to begin with, for multiple reasons.)

Guess I have to go check out blender, then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you start search for a CS6 version of AE, remember that this copy is not supported via adobe anymore, and if you think to use a PC with new operating system like windows 10 or mac os x Mojave, you will definitely face some trouble, with this old copy of AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines