Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

where is my camera shake/wobble effect?

Engaged ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

once upon a time I added a camera shake/wobbly

effect but now I cannot find such a thing?
Any advice please?

Also, is there anywhere an inventory of all AE effects and what they can do please?

TOPICS
Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the user guide for a list of all included effects. You can find tutorials and/or explanations of each effect by typing the name of the effect in the Search Help field in the top right corner of AE.

There is no effect called camera shake but there is an effect called Camera-Shake Deblur that does a pretty good job of fixing the extra motion blur that you get when a camera is bumped.

You could just add a wiggle expression to the Camera point of interest or the Camera position. Something like wiggle(5, 100) would wiggle the position or point of interest 5 times a second plus or minus a random value up to 100.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably mean the Wiggler ...

Go to Window > Wiggler.  With this tool, you can set a random movement for whatever parameter you like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder why 4 of the 6 options are greyed out.

Screen Shot 2019-12-05 at 11.05.37 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The property you selected must have at least 2 keyframes and both must be selected. The Wiggler will generate one new random keyframe for each frame in the comp. 

Screenshot_2019-12-05 12.41.08_Ha5ZKy.pngScreenshot_2019-12-05 12.41.41_UiyRoo.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would anyone know that?
well that worked, thank you.

But after trying a few settings, it seems every 

setting has just about the SAME effect.

I put in wild settings and no wild change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want new values you have to go back to the original set of keyframes. You can't really get predictable or usable results if you just change the values and try again:

Screenshot_2019-12-05 19.24.04_MB1iJ9.pngScreenshot_2019-12-05 19.20.43_iOQCcX.pngScreenshot_2019-12-05 19.19.04_uvYEko.png

If you don't go back to the original keyframes your results will not be predictable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

great thank you

These screen shots could be bigger.
Are you saying REselect the keyfranmes, then make a change and observe?
Because my keyframes were always selected when i tried to change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"These screen shots could be bigger."

That's a forum issue with images. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines