Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White bar appears when hitting short cut keys in after effects

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 8.50.48 AM.png

Does anybody has this white box pops up when hitting short cuts in after effects? If yes, do you know how to stop that from happening? It has been really annoying as it slows down with my working speed a bit. Would appreciate any advice/help. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

That's your system's input helper application. Check your language settings.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

It could be language or spotlight.  Check to make sure you're not accidentally hitting cmd+space

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the After Effects forum for you, where you are more likely to receive an answer to your question.

Note that the Community Help forum is for help in how to use the Adobe Communities. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's your system's input helper application. Check your language settings.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mylenium, exactly what should I check in my language settings? Sorry, I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary when I check there. Can you elaborate on what might be the cause of this white bar flashing whenever I call up FX Console? Thank you very much in advance for any help or suggestions you can offer. 🙏 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be language or spotlight.  Check to make sure you're not accidentally hitting cmd+space

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I have my keyboard set on spanish, and I assigned the accent key to Zoom out on timeline, but when I use it, that same white bar with the accent glyph appears on top, and the next shortcut that I try to use won't do anything. It's just one extra hit, but it's annoying. Hope somebody can help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here on a Portuguese keyboard. This is not Spotlight. Seems a conflict between commands within Ae.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's April 2024, and I have the same problem with AE 2024.3. The white bar flashes whenever I call up "FX Console" and it's really distracting. Can anyone look into this further? Sorry, I already checked my language settings in Mac OS Ventura and nothing seems off. I'm also not using Spotlight. So I know it's not that.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can try to change your Keyboard setting (Text Input) to English. I use Vietnamese keyboard so I have to change to English keyboard to get rid of the white bar while using short cut keys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines