• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does the mask change when using in a new comp

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After hours of animating a mask i got it to how i wanted.  I went to use it in a diffferent comp and the mask parametres have completly changed!!!
As you can see from the screen grab, the original is still showing the mask as i want it but the new comp is complelty different.
Can anyone help? 

CSD_123_1-1596682389898.png

CSD_123_0-1596682359486.png

TOPICS
FAQ , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Masks are based on layer dimensions. If the layer with the mask in comp 1 was scaled, rotated, or moved out of position in any way, you cannot copy and paste the mask to another layer and have it match up unless the second layer has the exact same transform properties. 

You have not described your workflow. The layer selected in the top screenshot is not showing any transform properties. I'm not sure what the mask on layer 7 has to do with the mask on what appears to be, but may not be Layer 6. 

The second screenshot shows two copies of the Video 4 playback comp with no indication of what is different between them. 

Please explain what you are trying to achieve. It kind of looks like you are trying to do some kind of split-screen with a white diagonal line that is animated separating the shots. Both of the copies of the comp in the Final comp have effects applied but I don't see any reason for the apparent difference in blend modes. 

Start by selecting all layers and pressing the U key twice to reveal all modified properties on all layers. Then solo one of the layers in the final comp verify that it is an accurate copy of the original comp. Turn off effects and reset transform properties one at a time until the first soloed layer is where it is supposed to be. Then repeat with the other layer. If you can't figure things out then we need details and to be able to accurately see what is going on in the layers that are giving you problems. I don't see anything in your workflow that makes any sense to me at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines