• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is AE cropping my video when I place it in a composition?

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I view it in the layer source there's no crop, but as soon as I drop it into a composition it crops. The aspect ration on both the video and the comp are 1920x1080 so I'm not sure why it's doing this. Help is appreciated.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a misunderstanding here. AE doesn't auto-fit footage. Your video is 4k resolution, which is double the comp size. However, AE will fit/ zoom the comp and source viewers when they are set to auto. so all you have to do is use Layer --> Transform --> Fit to Comp or manually scale it to 50%. Given, that you plan on doing effects, ideally you would do so by pre-composing the resized footage to its own comp so it can be reused over and over without having to worry about such minutia.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are not going to have any success with AE until you learn the basics. The Learn workspace and the User Guide are a good place to start.

Screenshot_2019-10-27 17.35.56_hiEGSa.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines