Highlighted

Why is my text all upper case when my caps lock is off?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a template created by another party, so I am not completely familiar with every detail as of yet.  With every font selection, why is my text all upper case when my caps lock is off?

Double-click on a problem text layer in the timeline.  Open the Character pane.  Look at the bottom.  You will see a button with two upper case t's is on ("TT").  It is the "All Caps" switch.  Turn it off.  Characters will now work as expected.

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Why is my text all upper case when my caps lock is off?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a template created by another party, so I am not completely familiar with every detail as of yet.  With every font selection, why is my text all upper case when my caps lock is off?

Double-click on a problem text layer in the timeline.  Open the Character pane.  Look at the bottom.  You will see a button with two upper case t's is on ("TT").  It is the "All Caps" switch.  Turn it off.  Characters will now work as expected.

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did not know what that thing did, thanks LaRonde. And there are many typefaces that are all caps like Copperplate. The lower case letterforms appear as what we call small caps. Such typeface families often has SC in the name.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You bet, Mr. Bogie.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for reopening the dead post but... is it me or after updates, there is no such option anymore? By the way, I can't make these super/subscripts working either 😕

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

top man la ronde!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines