Highlighted

Wiggle expression giving strange results (CC2018)

Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

So I have the following simple expression on a Slider effect:

wigg1 = wiggle(1, 1) - value;

I have noticed that the result can sometimes creep above 1 and below -1. That really shouldn't be the case should it?

Ah I found another thread on this problem...Wiggle returning values modified by an amount greater than amplitude setting

Wiggle returning values modified by an amount greater than amplitude setting

Seems pretty crazy that the amplitude value is not properly adhered to in the wiggle expression.

TOPICS
Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Wiggle expression giving strange results (CC2018)

Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

So I have the following simple expression on a Slider effect:

wigg1 = wiggle(1, 1) - value;

I have noticed that the result can sometimes creep above 1 and below -1. That really shouldn't be the case should it?

Ah I found another thread on this problem...Wiggle returning values modified by an amount greater than amplitude setting

Seems pretty crazy that the amplitude value is not properly adhered to in the wiggle expression.

TOPICS
Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 21, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 21, 2018 0
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I'm having this issue but the links provided are just leading me to the home page of the message boards. Can't find anything else related on the internet. Do you remember what those threads said was the solution?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 0