Highlighted

Will Illustrator 2019 files open in After Effects 2018

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I wanted to get into animation and wanted to know if illustrator files that are sent by my friend (who uses illustrator 2019) will open in my after effects 2018. If they do not open, will asking him to export as a 2018 file work.

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Will Illustrator 2019 files open in After Effects 2018

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I wanted to get into animation and wanted to know if illustrator files that are sent by my friend (who uses illustrator 2019) will open in my after effects 2018. If they do not open, will asking him to export as a 2018 file work.

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 27, 2020 0
Guide ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There shouldn't be any problem, as long as your friend saves the files with PDF compatibility, in RGB mode, with one artboard only containing all graphic elements and each graphic element, which should be animated individually, in it's own top-level-layer.

*Martin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0