Highlighted

Windows was freeze when i'm using After effects

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using After Effects CC through Creative Cloud version 17.0.6 (2020 release)

While working on any project , the whole PC is getting freeze and I am enforced to hard press the power button for shutdown.

I'm reset my Windows, reinstall all drivers but can't solve this issue.

This is happening randomly but very frequently.

The following are my system configurations.

Interl(R) Core (TM) i5-9600K CPU @ 3.7Ghz

Mother Board : ASUS PRIME Z390-A

32 GB RAM - Kingston DDR4

Kingston SSD - 240 GB

64 Bit operating System - Windows 10

Graphic Card - ASUS GeForce RTX 2060 6G
Kindly help me solve this issue , I am totally depressed as I have committed to complete a post production job which is pending.

Please help.

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Windows was freeze when i'm using After effects

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using After Effects CC through Creative Cloud version 17.0.6 (2020 release)

While working on any project , the whole PC is getting freeze and I am enforced to hard press the power button for shutdown.

I'm reset my Windows, reinstall all drivers but can't solve this issue.

This is happening randomly but very frequently.

The following are my system configurations.

Interl(R) Core (TM) i5-9600K CPU @ 3.7Ghz

Mother Board : ASUS PRIME Z390-A

32 GB RAM - Kingston DDR4

Kingston SSD - 240 GB

64 Bit operating System - Windows 10

Graphic Card - ASUS GeForce RTX 2060 6G
Kindly help me solve this issue , I am totally depressed as I have committed to complete a post production job which is pending.

Please help.

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 23, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

je reçois constamment des mails d’assistance ADOBE (4 ou 5 par jours) alors que je ne suis pas concerné par ceux-ci.
Pouvez vous remédier à ce problème SVP ?

Cordialement

Cyrille LE CLOEREC
+ clecloerec@mairie-lorient.fr

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having very similar and weird problems - 

After Effects 17.0.5 Build 16

Windows 10, Alienware 17

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 and Intel HD Graphics 630

NVIDIA drivers updated to latest

Project settings set to Mercury Software Only

I'll be working in AE for a bit, and all seems fine, except that the rest of the computer freezes up - I can't access anything other than AE until I close AE. THEN, I can only access the next program that gets focus until THAT one is closed, untill all are closed and I have to restart. ONLY happens when working in AE.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Sorry for the issue. Could you share the following details so that we can understand the issue properly:

1. Check if it's happening with all the projects or a particular one?
  2. Are there any updates available for Windows?
  3. Check if After Effects generates any crash log: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-find-after-effects-crash-logs-on-your-comput...

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - 

In my case, there are no After Effects crash logs because After Effects is not crashing - it's doing a very bizarre thing where it locks out the rest of the computer (see rest of description of weirdness in my post above). It means I end up having to shut down the computer and restart to do anything outside of AE. 

I had been getting "incompatible graphics" warnings - I clicked fix and updated the Intel HD driver. A couple days later I got that warning again, and went through that same process (event though there was no newer driver). 

I am no longer getting that warning, but I believe (according to Preferences/Preview/GPU Information... that it's using the NVIDIA GeForceGTX (also with recently updated driver).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a pretty good chance that the issue was a conflict between my Wacom Intuos driver and After Effects. I have updated the driver and had a decent run today with After Effects without my weird crashes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 07, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to know and thank you for sharing what worked for you. Feel free to reach out if there are any other questions.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction - 

While the problem definitely seems to be the combination of my Wacom tablet and After Effects, updating the driver did not solve the problem, just slowed it down.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update. Could you tell us which GPU driver version is installed in your system? Here's how to find it: https://support.viewsonic.com/en/support/solutions/articles/33000221571-how-to-check-graphics-card-d...

Also, please check if the problem persists if you remove the Wacom tablet for your computer.

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 12, 2020 0