Highlighted

Workaround for missing "Pro Import After Effects"

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone has problems with the missing option for Pro Import After Effects, I found a workaround that at least works on Mojave, but depends on Premiere Pro.

1. Open Premiere Pro and start a new project. Import the AAF file (mine included mxf-files, mov and Wav). Save the project.
2. Open After Effects and go to File -> Import -> Adobe Premiere Project -> and choose premiere project you just saved, and then the sequence you would like to import.

Now you have kind of converted the aaf file to an .pp sequence and imported that to AE. 
I have done this 10 times, and all the MXF files and everything, works.

If you dont work in catalina, and dont need the latest version of AE, downgrading to this version: January 2020 release (version 17.0.2) - also works. 

Topics

Error or problem, FAQ, How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Workaround for missing "Pro Import After Effects"

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone has problems with the missing option for Pro Import After Effects, I found a workaround that at least works on Mojave, but depends on Premiere Pro.

1. Open Premiere Pro and start a new project. Import the AAF file (mine included mxf-files, mov and Wav). Save the project.
2. Open After Effects and go to File -> Import -> Adobe Premiere Project -> and choose premiere project you just saved, and then the sequence you would like to import.

Now you have kind of converted the aaf file to an .pp sequence and imported that to AE. 
I have done this 10 times, and all the MXF files and everything, works.

If you dont work in catalina, and dont need the latest version of AE, downgrading to this version: January 2020 release (version 17.0.2) - also works. 

Topics

Error or problem, FAQ, How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?