• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workspace panel size not saved in After Effects 2020, Win 10

Contributor ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My workspace panel size is never saved. Delete and redo the workspace, save, .... nothing helps

What do I wrong ? Or is this "Basic" problem just a bug

I am on latest W10 version, latest  AE 2020 version 

Working with 2 monitors Benq 2560x1440  at 125% scalling as recomanded.

Thanhs for the help

Title edited by Mod.

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Hello, I currently find the solution of my monitors problems.

THERE ARE TWO PROBLEMS 

1. Panel sizes not saved : It seems to be linked to the monitor definition. the workaround is : DO NOT SET THE AE WINDOW TO FULL SCREEN. If you resize the window manualy some pixels less that full screen, every thing works fine, the panes are saved !!!!

2. vertical black lines in the time line during preview. That's a very old problem linked to the windows scaling factor. Every thing works fine if the scalling fac

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what panels are you specifically referring to? What are the sizes? How do you expect them to behave?

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Thanks for reaching out. As Mylenium mentioned, is it happening with a particular panel or all of them? What is the exact version of After Effects are you using: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-find-the-exact-version-of-after-effects-you-...

Please share a screen recording so that we can understand the issue better.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks

My Ae version is 17.0.5 (build 16)

After effect as it opened each time (screen copy of the 2 monitors)

Capture 1.JPG

Top are 4 groups of pannels, the 3 left groups are set to minimum, and the last ( Effects list) filling the rest of screen

Each time I modify it to 

(Screen copy of only left monitor)

Capture 2.JPG

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not an AE issue. That's up to how your graphics card treats the two monitors as separate. AE simply opens on the primary screen and then fits the workspace into the available space, which in your case doesn't cover both screens. You need to dig into your graphics driver settings and change the desktop spanning behavior.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My video card is RTX 2080 Ti driver version 436.15 CUDA 10.1  DirectX 12.0

I tried all 4 possibilities and get allways the same problem

But I am may be not clear, the problem is not on left and right monitors spanning, that's OK

The problem is IN the AE main window (left monitor)

The window is divided in 5 panel groups

Top from left to right : project, Effect params, (Infos, audio, characters, ...) and last (Preview and effects list)

Bottom : Compo Timeline

The problem is in top part, the size of the 4 blocs are not restored 

The 3 first groups have a minimum width and the last group is just filling the window

Remark : this behaviour works prefect in Premiere Pro on same PC

Jean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have some more info on that problem, It is linked to the monitor definition, and windows scaling factor.

If I down grade the monitor and graphic card to 1920 x 1080 scalling factor 100%, it is OK

As soon as I switch to full resolution and scalling factor 125% as recomanded, I have the problem.

Remark : the vertical "glitshes" displayed in time line during preview are also linked to the same setup.

I tried all video card different setups available, nothing helps.

Back to 1920 x 1080 it is OK. 

Thanks for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I currently find the solution of my monitors problems.

THERE ARE TWO PROBLEMS 

1. Panel sizes not saved : It seems to be linked to the monitor definition. the workaround is : DO NOT SET THE AE WINDOW TO FULL SCREEN. If you resize the window manualy some pixels less that full screen, every thing works fine, the panes are saved !!!!

2. vertical black lines in the time line during preview. That's a very old problem linked to the windows scaling factor. Every thing works fine if the scalling factor is 100% if not just apply the workaround defined  here :

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/display-and-performance-issues-with-gtx-1080-ti/td-p/90...

Jean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works but once you set the window to fullscreen again it goes back to not saving any of the top panels. The last one gets stretched again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is still broken by the way 2 years later

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines