Highlighted

Zoomed in and Pixelated clips

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I insert a clip into After Effects, the clip is automatically zoomed in and when I scale it properly, it looks extra pixelated. Please explain in English, I am a bit of a beginner…Screenshot 2020-09-23 115812.png

Thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Zoomed in and Pixelated clips

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I insert a clip into After Effects, the clip is automatically zoomed in and when I scale it properly, it looks extra pixelated. Please explain in English, I am a bit of a beginner…Screenshot 2020-09-23 115812.png

Thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing wrong. You have set the magnification to 1600%. That means you have magnified the pixels by 1600% so you can get a good look at the pixels and see if the edges of the details line up with the pixel grid. This is a useful feature. It's exactly what you would see in Photoshop if you magnified the canvas (comp, artboard) or in Illustrator if you turned on Pixel Preview. It is exactly what you would see in any image editing app. Scaling a layer is completely different than magnifying the view.

Please open up the Learn workspace and go through the basics of the UI. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 0