Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accessing keychain to implement trial period

Engaged ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi friends,

I want to implement a 7-day trial period for unlockable content in my app on iOS. Basically, the user downloads and installs the content inside the app, and can use it for 7 days. Then the user has to purchase a one-time IAP to continue using that specific content.

In order to identify users and their respective trial periods, I wanted to use the getUniqueID feature of the MilkmanGames CoreMobile ANE, linked to a server-side database. However, the CoreMobile ANE uses the IdentifierForVendor string to return that unique ID. And I read that this value could change if all the apps from the same vendor were removed from the device. In other words, if the user uninstalls then reinstalls my app, there are high chances the unique ID will change, making all my identification process useless.

So I think I'll have to store a unique ID in the device keychain on the first launch, to be sure this ID remains the same, even if the app is uninstalled and reinstalled several times. The only solution I found is this: https://github.com/StickSports/ANE-Keychain

Unfortunately, I'm a Windows developer, and can't compile the ANE myself (I have no Mac with Xcode). So I was wondering if someone had a compiled version of that ANE that could be kindly shared? Or maybe do you know of another ANE that would have similar features?

Thank you very much for your help!

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines