• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe AIR got extension until August 2020

Engaged ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great news everybody. Adobe AIR got extension until August 2020.

Android Developers Blog: Get your apps ready for the 64-bit requirement

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But is only for games, not?

I have an app, not a game....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of recent news, I see.

1. Google extended Android 32 bits for AIR (ONLY UPDATES) till August 2020:
This will give more time for thous who want to port Apps/Games to another tech. Who don't have that ambitious it's irrelevant because soon or later we will be August 2020 but it's a good news for the small portion of developers that want's to port only now. This is bad news for Harman because remove the panic that would bring all developers at once to their subscriptions. I think that it's fair now because no one is forced. This is a last chance to do something and not sleep and do nothing (1 year).

2. Harman released a new price table:
For me this new price table it's more reasonable.

3. Harman released the very first roadmap:
It's a start. It's not a very very ambitious roadmap but is something to start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you seeing the announcements of Harman, I couldn't found anything about the prices table you mention...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now you need to email them or sign up for updates on their website to get added to the mailing list, though I'm not sure if the attachments with the updated pricing are included with each email they send out.  Here are the basic details though:

Free Tier

- includes an injected splash screen at startup

- no annual fee

- can only use if your total income < $50K/year

Basic

- $199 annual fee

- if your total income < $100K/year

Professional

- $799 annual fee

- if your total income < $500K/year

Enterprise

- $1199 annual fee

- no income limits

This is pricing per seat to use the AIR Developer Tool to package apps, and the income thresholds are your total income for the previous 12 months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is good news! But only for users of 3rd party ANEs, I think. Existing 32 bit APKs were never in danger - they won't be removed until August 2021. But it's hard to get by on mobile without updating at least once a year to support new devices and OSes. And it seems that will mean updating to AIR 33 and Harman.

As far as I can tell, this Android 10/Q crash bug has not yet been fixed in AIR 32 (or on Google's end?):

All AIR apps crash on Android Q !

So when newer phones are automatically pressured to upgrade to Android 10 in a couple weeks, every AIR app on them will start crashing on boot. Hopefully AIR 33 will be out by then!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm pretty sure that Android Q crash bug was fixed by Google starting in Beta 3, where those new requirements now only apply if your targetSdkVersion is set to 29, and apps set to a lower targetSdkVersion will follow the old rules and requirements instead.  I don't have a device with the Android Q Beta on it myself though to double-check, if anyone does and could confirm that would be great!

Also noticed this in their documentation which seems to mention the fix (in bold):

Shared objects cannot contain text relocations

Android 6.0 (API level 23) disallowed use of text relocations in shared objects. Code must be loaded as-is, and must not be modified. This change improves app load times and security.

In Android Q Beta 1 and 2, SELinux enforces this restriction on apps targeting Android 8.0 (API level 26) and higher. Starting in Android Q Beta 3, the restriction is enforced on apps targeting Android Q (API level 29) and higher. If these apps continue to use shared objects that contain text relocations, they are at high risk of breaking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines