Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Air Sample Applications

New Here ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All:

Where can I find Adobe Air Sample applications with source code. The  link provided in the website below does not work anymore

Adobe AIR * Installing and running the AIR sample applications

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That should be a sign to you, that starting an application in Adobe AIR is not a good choice. 

If you're planning a marketable application this is not a good starting point.

This platform is on the decline and will likely be gone within 5 years. 

As a long time flash/AIR developer, I'm sad to write this truth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KramSurfer2  wrote

This platform is on the decline and will likely be gone within 5 years. 

I completely disagree

rotten links happen all the time, that's because of the nature of the web
it does not imply the future demise of Adobe AIR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Think what you will...  but I'll just leave this here,

The LATEST build of the Adobe's IDE designed for AIR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although Flex Builder was the first IDE for AS3, and the renamed Flash Builder did get used for AIR apps, all 19 apps that are in app stores that I've worked on were done in Flash Professional or Adobe Animate, which was updated only yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just advising a new comer AIR / Flash to not start here. 

I know we've been here forever, but would you honestly advise someone just getting into it to learn all the intricacies of the Flash/Air enviroment to build a modern app?    The other techs are getting easier each year and Adobe AIR isn't even meantion anywhere in the Blogosphere anymore.   Even in 'comprensive' lists of Cross platform deveoplement tools.  It certainly doesn't help that the AIR website still quotes installation statistics from 2013.    Adobe dropped the ball big on AIR.  They were way out in front.  Now for CPD, inclusive of desktops, we're stuck with some funky flavor of Cordova.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cordova bad idea...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KramSurfer2​ it looks like you missed the big news: Adobe Air has been acquired by Harman last week and they announced future support for the technology, including a paid license level to finance the project. So far Harman has been very communicative and it looks like Air might have a bright future ahead

Re: AIR33 Where is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I DID ! ! !

Wow, that is great news.  I guess they see the potential.

"Now that Adobe are transitioning the ongoing support and maintenance of AIR, HARMAN is looking forward to working with the AIR developer ecosystem to drive the success of this cross-platform framework."

This is the statement I've been waiting to see from Adobe for the last 6 years.

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines