• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe AIR SDK iOS 14 support

Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any Adobe AIR SDK version which supports building apps to run them on iOS 14 beta? If not, is there any plan when Adobe AIR SDK update will be released for this?

iOS 14 comes with some pretty big changes when it comes to accessing and reading IDFA (which impacts pretty much entire iOS ecosystem when it comes to advertising) and in order to prepare their apps for it, it would be pretty useful to have ability to update them and test them prior to official iOS 14 release.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

iOS 14 has been supported for a while.

You can access the latest IDFA authorisation functionality through this ANE: https://github.com/distriqt/ANE-IDFA

Simply add the platformSDK option when packaging to point to your iOS 14 sdk. Harman currently have plans to update the iOS stubs in the AIR SDK and have mentioned this should be part of the next release.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost 28 days passed, no one answered. Dead community...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh well. Asked this per email as well few days before posting in here. Same thing - no answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iOS 14 has been supported for a while.

You can access the latest IDFA authorisation functionality through this ANE: https://github.com/distriqt/ANE-IDFA

Simply add the platformSDK option when packaging to point to your iOS 14 sdk. Harman currently have plans to update the iOS stubs in the AIR SDK and have mentioned this should be part of the next release.

air native extensions // https://airnativeextensions.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. What I am basically trying to do is to build this functionality which this ANE offers. Will give it a shot in days to come and update in here with the outcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feel free to use that ANE though, it's free and we keep it updated regularly.

air native extensions // https://airnativeextensions.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gladly, but simply we need to add this functionality to be invoked from our ANE as well. Our native library is hooked under the hood to obtain ATT status so we just need to add a method (like you did) to pass this into back to Adobe world. I guess just need to make sure to aim at iOS 14 SDK properly and things should work. Will try to give this a shot during this week. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @marchbold 

I'm back on this topic. I gave your ANE a shot, but am not being able to build my app with it. I am using latest Adobe AIR SDK, namespace is also properly set in the app:

<application xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/33.1"> 

and I have also added your extension to the list:

<extensionID>com.distriqt.IDFA</extensionID>

Error I am getting is when I run adt -package command and here's how the error looks like:

ld: framework not found AppTrackingTransparency
Compilation failed while executing : ld64

As far as I understand, this should not be the case since I'm aiming and compiling against latest Adobe AIR SDK which has iOS 14 support. Do you have any idea what might be the problem?

Also for the record:

adt -version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Solved! More info in here: https://github.com/distriqt/ANE-IDFA/issues/5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long live marchbold! I really like the Air/As3 ecosystem. You are making this better ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@saglam.mehmet Are you using his IDFA plugin, are you able to build your app successfully with it and does it work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry no. I'm using his extensions but not IDFA yet...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines