• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR 15 - iOS Apps Rejected - XCode 5.1.1 is now required

Engaged ,
Sep 10, 2014 Sep 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've run into an issue with Apple no longer accepting apps compiled with Adobe AIR, due to a new requirement for the XCode version used:

As of September 9th 2014, all apps must be built using XCode 5.1.1 -- though Adobe AIR (including the newest version 15 released on the same date) compiles using XCode 5.0.2.

After submitting an AIR app to iTunes Connect yesterday, we received an email from iTunes stating that "This bundle is invalid" because it's using an older version of XCode that is no longer allowed for uploads.  The full message reads:

Dear developer,

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent submission for "yourappnamehere". To process your submission, the following issues must be corrected:

This bundle is invalid - New apps and app updates submitted to the App Store must be built with public (GM) versions of Xcode 5.1.1 or higher and iOS 7 SDK. Do not submit apps built with beta software.

Once these issues have been corrected, use Xcode or Application Loader to upload a new binary to iTunes Connect. Choose the new binary on the app’s Details page in My Apps on iTunes Connect, and click Submit for Review.

Regards,

The App Store team

After compiling with both AIR 14 and AIR 15, I changed the extension from .ipa to .zip and unzipped the package to see what version it was using.  Within the Info.plist file, it shows that AIR is using XCode 5.0.2 (DTXcode set to 0502, DTXcodeBuild set to 5A2005).  The only version that is now allowed for uploads is XCode 5.1.1 (Build 5B1008). 

As it stands now, all AIR-developed apps for iOS will be rejected, and cannot be published on the App Store.  This goes for new apps as well as submitting updates for apps that are already live in the App Store.

I just submitted a report to the Adobe Bugbase about this as well, you can view it or vote on it here:

Bug#3821892 - AIR apps rejected for iOS - Not built using XCode 5.1.1

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Flipline,

I don't think there is any bug issues around this but to explain why this occurs. Apple has had a grudge against Adobe since Adobe refused to give TrueType font technology to Steve Jobs when he came back to Apple. This is one of the reasons Steve tried killing Flash and paid millions to promote HTML5. If you dive deeper you realize that was just a sham to get people off Flash so they'd pay Apple for XCode and to make sure the App Store happened. HTML5 ended up being the great white hype on mobile.

How does that effect you, well Apple hates that Adobe can build for iOS bypassing XCode. They tried preventing it but the courts forced them to allow Air to build on iOS devices. So instead Apple makes sure it's a big as a pain in the ass to Adobe when ever they can be. In one way they try to release versions of XCode right before or after an Air release drops so the Air team has to crush to get the specs up to compliance.

So I know you're not able to build but it'll be fixed soon and if you get frustrated Apple's a good place to point the finger.

- Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flipline,

Have you only tried building and submitting with the AIR 15 release build 15.0.0.249?

We had the same message, but it looks like building and submitting with the latest AIR 15 beta build 15.0.0.258 does not cause this same rejection. (at least it didn't for us, even though the same Info.plist check also showed DTXcode set to 0502).

I would suggest trying 15.0.0.258 if you haven't already

Adobe AIR 15 Beta | application development - Adobe Labs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2014 Sep 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have a similar issue. Yesterday, September 24th 2014, I attempted to upload an application update and I received this error:

ERROR ITMS-9000: "Invalid Segment Alignment. This app does not have proper segment alignment and should be rebuilt with the latest version of Xcode. Please contact Developer Technical Support if you need further assistance." - The upload log is only a bit more verbose with "ErrorCode = 1102".

My first upload attempt binary was built with AIR 14.0 and iPhone SDK 7.1. (DTXcode == 0502)

After some Web search, I found this forum post, and also tried theses builds :

- AIR 15.0.0.274 and iPhone SDK 8.0 (DTXcode == 0600)

- AIR 14.0 and iPhone SDK 8.0 (DTXcode == 0502)

For all three attempts, I received the same error. I have not tested yet with AIR 15.0.0.274 and iPhone SDK 7.1, but i'm not sure its worth it...

I sent an assistance request to Apple, but I would like to know what is the Adobe status for iOS 8 support... I cannot find much info about this on the AIR 15 SDK page.

If anyone can bring some light on this, thanks in advance,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read https://forums.adobe.com/message/6763023#6763023

Pahup's reply mentions a work around to same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

wasted a day on this issue here too -

i read most every xcdoe game designer uses adobe flash and adobe photoshop to do the animation frames for games... lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines