• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Air 17.0 with ipad version 9.0.1, apps close immediately

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, we have been creating ipad apps with 17.0 for some time, recently have also started using 18.0.  We have noticed on our ipad, ever since upgrading our ipad version to 9.0.1, every app on our ipad opens to a black screen and closes immediately.  We have tried upgrading to 9.0.2 as well, but in addition to closing immediately, now our apps will not install either.  We will need to revert to an older version to make it work on our end, but our clients want to use the latest version still. Does anyone have any ideas as to why the 9.0.1 version does not play well with our apps?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

turns out we have someone who is having the same issue with our app but still at 9.0.0.....now we're thinking something has happened behind the scenes.  What would cause every installed app to stop opening as well as stop from downloading any new apps?  Does that have to be a certificate issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen the black screen issue, but I thought it would stay open. In any case, it was fixed by using a later version of AIR. You may as well try AIR 19.

New apps should download, unless your developer account has expired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having an issue as well.  On 8.4 we can start the app 100 times with no crash.  On iOS 9.0.2 it crashes at least half the time.  Tried many variations of AIR SDK, from 16 to 19.  We are using a custom native extension.  I've been scouring the web for any guidance how to fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue. We have tried to run some sample app with native extensions but it works well on iPad version 9.0.1.

As we are not able to reproduce this issue at our end, Could you please share some sample code which is crashing on iOS version 9.0.1. This will help us in investigating the issue in better way.

Thanks,

Adobe Air Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue  This is the data I have found so far:

Here is the test environment:

Iphone 4s - iOS 7.1.2

iPhone 5s - IOS 9.0.2

iPhone 6 - IOS 9.0.2

Ipad 4 - IOS 9.0.2

Using Flash Professional CC - build 15.0.1.179.

I take an app that has worked just fine and has thousands of sales on the app store both IOS and Android (same code). 

CVC Word Vocabulary on the App Store

CVC Word Vocabulary - Android Apps on Google Play

This was build using Flash CC  (Don't know version but was current August 27, 2015)

I build it today, using Build 15.0.1.179 and if crashes immediately after loading on all 4 devices.  I have development IPA for both good and bad versions. both use AIR 17.

I build it using AIR 17, 18, and 19 for ANDROID - works File across out all android test devices.

I have Another App, Sight Word Search - Android Apps on Google Play

Not published on IOS because of this problem.

When I build it using CC 15.0.1.179 and AIR or IOS here are the results:

fail      =      immediately exits on iPhone 4 / iPad.  iPhone 5/6 it stops at splash (Default-375w-667h@2x / Default-568h@2x)

pass   =      works fine

AIR 17          AIR 18.0.0.143     AIR 19.0.0.190

iPhone 4          pass                    pass                    fail

iPhone 5          fail                       fail                       fail

iPhone 6          fail                       fail                       fail

iPad 4              pass                    pass                    fail

The only thing I am changing between builds is the AIR versions.  Any idea would be helpful! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2015 Oct 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We solved our issue yesterday.  Something behind the scenes changed with iOS.  It wasn't an AIR issue at all, but it was related to our ANE.

For example:

We were declaring "int x[10]" globally.

We now declare "int *x" and allocate the memory in the constructor as "x = new int[10]"

Somehow the memory was getting erased/removed randomly and causing an instant-crash. We could sometimes use the app for 30s or so til the garbage collector or whatever did its work behind the scenes.

Hopefully this can help someone else, i'm sure there are other issues for other people but we are now up and running 100%!

*edit: We are building the ANE and the IPA with the newest live AIR 19.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow, glad my apps with custom ANE are still using AIR 16

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome!  I am glad you were able to resolve your issues, but I think the core problem is greater than just this.

I do not think it is "just" an IOS 9 issues because:

1.  Please see my message above.  Re: Air 17.0 with ipad version 9.0.1, apps close immediately I was able to reproduce the problem on an IPhone 4 with iOS 7.1.2

2. If this were just a problem with IOS 9.0.2. then why would source code I compiled and August 27 using AIR 17 work just fine on that on that IOS version?

here it is on the App store:

CVC Word Vocabulary on the App Store

I use SAME exact source code (I even went to the Server backups from that day just to be sure it was the EXACT same source code :-), provisioning profile, and AIR 17 compiled today (on two different dev machines) and it fails?  Is it possible something in Adobe CC changed since August 27? 

Here is more info:

I think we are close.  It is related to resources.  I took a failing version of our code.   Kept removing stuff till it worked.  Got it to the point where I could remove one sound definition:

var someSound:Sound = new mySound(); 

and it would work.  If I added it back it would fail.  If I left that sound file in and removed a totally different sound file (over 200 in the game) it would work (proving it is not a bad file).  If I removed the sound file and added a fl.controls.Button to the library, it would fail.   I am totally lost!

All arrays are defined as follows:

var someArray:Array = new Array();  then we push the values on it.

The issues that we are having are not related to ANE's because our IOS version is not using any ANE's. 

Any ideas guys?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a sample piece of code with only one function that would reliably fail and made it available to the adobe representative on this thread October 17, 2015.  Have not heard back yet.  Let's cross our fingers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

We have tested your sample app(test.fla) on Adobe Flash CC. We have tested for the environments:

Iphone 4s - iOS 7.1.2

iPhone 5s - IOS 9.0.2

iPhone 6 - IOS 9.0.2

Sample app is running fine in all above defined environments. We have tested for different sounds I.e. About.mp3, After.mp3,Again.mp3 and everything seems fine at our end.

Could you please let us know if there is any specific scenario that we need to test for?

Thanks,

Abobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2015 Oct 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is interesting and got me thinking so I did a little experiment.

I installed Flash CC on a Windows 8 machine and retested - worked fine (AIR 17 for IOS)

I installed Flash CC on a Yosemite - failed as described.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines