• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR 23 not compatible to iOS 10

Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2016 Sep 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I installed iOS 10 SDK and updated the AIR SDK to 23. However, I cannot compile against iOS10 nor even debug. In the latter case I only get the message that "failed to find class dtiphonesimulatorsystemroot at runtime". Accoording to JetBrains this is caused by the ADT-Version I am using being not compatible to iOS10.

Are there any schedules, when there will be a fix for that or do we have to wait for AIR 24 ?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charles,

Can you please confirm if using system ld workaround for Mac works for you and resolves the ITMS-90167?  And you're looking for a solution for Windows ?

Thanks

-Pahup | Adobe AIR Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that we are developing on Windows--not Mac and as such, we have not been able to use the system ld workaround.  We would appreciate some approximation of how long it will be before there is a solution for Windows.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charles,

I'm not sure... but are you sure that development under OSX/iOS without Apple hardware will not violate Apple license?

Best regards,

Piotr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what the situation is with the Apple licence, but that's Adobe's worry not ours. You should be able to develop macOS or iOS apps using Animate under Windows. When it comes to uploading the app to Apple you then must use Application Loader, which is a Mac only application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"but that's Adobe's worry not ours."   -  From a legal point of view rather yours as well.  Apple bring you tool but you will use it. You can still use Windows on Apple Hardware via virtual machines or Boot Camp.

Of course it is outlier subject.  That's obvious that if Adobe bring us solution for building apps on Windows and it is broken, it should be fixed ASAP.

Best,

Piotr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, uploading of the app is done via a University of Arizona Mobile Services engineer using a Mac, but her function does not include building the .ipa file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't remember exactly that day but 7-9 years ago Apple was lost the trial in antimonopoly committee of EU (European Union Competition Law). They (Apple) allowed to build Apps only using own developers tools. This is was a big WIN because without that EUCL decision you could not build AIR apps (and another dev tools like Unity and etc).

But Apple don't said "We are idiots and lost a trial in EUCL so please develop your software using any compatible developer tools". They said exactly something like "We made great decision for you. From this day you allowed to build your apps not only using XCode developers tools". Just read this again In a case of lost they anyway said that users are idiots

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Charles, this is an old thread but I thought I would add a note in case it could help someone still.

I had the same error ERROR: ITMS-90167: "No .app bundles found in the package" when I submitted my app (AIR 23) using Application Loader downloaded from the app submission page in iTunes Connect. Turns out that is version 3.0, whereas the Application Loader you can launch from within Xcode 8 is version 3.6. When I loaded my app using version 3.6, I did not get that error and was able to submit the app fine (of course without access to iOS 10 features).

-jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mayank_Gupta's solution worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, since your solution does not seem to work for anyone out there except Reycogames (although I don´t understand, what could be the possible difference): Any other idea or suggestion? Is there an ETA for a fix in the SDK rather than having to do some workarounds?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Air SDK 24 Beta is available, maybe give it a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beta is still for developer and for testing... He should use workarounds or take good developers to solve current problem.  First of all, for Apple development I strongly recommend use Apple hardware with many iOS SDKs, second all information about packaging repackaging testing, etc were written here.  Even Apple emulators has bugs so to realease he should have minimum one iPhone and Mac with OSX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I am a bad developer because neither compiling for Simulator nor directly onto Hardware is working.

Good to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't give up.

Recently I tested my app on iPhone 6s but had to test it during weekend on iPhone 6s Plus that I have't.  I found guy on facebook ios developers group and asked him to help my with Apple's TestFlight..

There is no bad developers here.  It is good to ask and searching for solutions..

What is a problem right now?  Working on OSX or Windows?  Any way to help you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I have XCode 8.2 beta installed, ld is ld64-274.1

Copying this version of "ld" in the AIR SDK does not work.

Can Adobe give us un update on this (i guess all the Adobe suite suffers from this bug) ?

Thanks you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to submit my app through Application Loader doing the following:

- install XCode 7.3.1 (which contains ld prior to ld64-274.1)

- create the .ipa with intelliJ

- re-sign it with iOS App Signer (use Resign Only)

https://dantheman827.github.io/ios-app-signer/

- submit with Application Loader

Thanks Piotr K for guiding

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just tried to build with Xcode 8.1 + Air 24 SDK, i got the usual adt error:

"The path to platform sdk should end with iPhoneOSx.x or iPhoneSimulatorx.x format to avoid any unintended behavior"

Pointing on Xcode 7.3.1 and iPhoneOS9.3.sdk, and i can create .ipa again.

Conclusion to me: adt does not support 2 digits SDKs.....

Anyone can confirm this ?

NB: so basically you can use AIR SDK 24, but use ios 9.3 SDK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's yes and no. If your app uses ANE that contains iOS 10 features (like Distriqt Push Notifications ANE most recent commit), then it won't compile against iOS 10.

But if you don't use specific iOS 10 features then you should be fine with running this command

cp /usr/bin/ld /idev/air/AIRSDK_Compiler23/lib/aot/bin/ld64/ld64

Adobe Air SDK guys, take a notice, will you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

was this fixed in 24 released yesterday?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it was not fixed but at least the officially entered it in the "known issues": see the Release Notes Flash Player 24 AIR 24

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But that "known issue" is pretty specific and does not even honor the actual problem: any use of any ios 10 features make your app non-compilable.

So no updated (push) notifications at all for example.

Over half a year and no ios 10 support, not even any kind of mention about it.

Great work Adobe! Good that we get more and more alternatives.. now that even Xamarin is free.

//

A little hint for mac developers using intellij like me: you have to link the correct ios sdk in intellij, as it is not using the AirSDK's ld64.

Path for xcode 8.2.1 for example: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS10.2.sdk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"A little hint for mac developers using intellij like me: you have to link the correct ios sdk in intellij, as it is not using the AirSDK's ld64."

I'm using Intellij on a Mac too with AIRSDK 24 and your path example is one I have tried many times without ever getting it to work. Every time I get the same error:

Warning: The path to platform sdk should end with iPhoneOSx.x or iPhoneSimulatorx.x format to avoid any unintended behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not an error, it's a warning.

It basically does nothing but notice you as it expects you not to include ".sdk" in the path. But as that would not work I guess that is some old validation on intellij's site which can be ignored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that I 'should' remove .sdk from the path? That doesn't seem to work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Air 25 beta has just been released, the release notes state that iOS SDK 10 is now included by default, maybe this helps:

Adobe AIR 25 Beta | application development - Adobe Labs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines