Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR 64-bit Required By Apple from February 2015

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2014 Oct 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just saw this notice that Apple will require all iOS apps to be native 64-bit capable from February 2015 to pass App Store submission. Does anyone know the status of 64-bit support in Adobe AIR for iOS?

Per

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2015 Jan 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks, that looks like it might work.

The 3 links from the 'Community Support & Resources' don't show any content though? Are there some examples of this working or a demo before I sign up to a recurring cost?

Thanks,

Alan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, the download button from the supplied link goes to here:

https://github.com/distriqt/ANE-PDFReader

Which currently comes up with a 404 page not found error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i don't know whats happen there but for my experience all extensions working very good.
Maybe you should ask the support. airnativeextensions@distriqt.com

Greetings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2015 Jan 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

I have sent a message and will see what they come back with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 16, 2015 Jan 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm from distriqt, just wanted to respond to the questions above. The repositories for our extensions are only for subscribed customers and contain all the example code and extensions, so you'll get a 404 error from github until you purchase the extension through our site.

We are currently in very early release of the site (only been live for a month) and are slowly adding public examples to the resources section, so bare with us. If you have any particular examples you'd like us to put up, just contact me and I'll make sure they get priority.

Cheers,

Michael

air native extensions // https://airnativeextensions.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2015 Jan 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the info. I am happy to pay for PDFReader if it works in my app.

Do you have an option to pay a little more for the product and not have recurring payment terms? I might not have use for the product by next year (it may be for just one app at the moment, but possibly more), and I may want to purchase other Distriqt products, but I would rather purchase use of them in one go, rather than have the recurring payments?

Thanks,

Alan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 20, 2015 Jan 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alan,

Unfortunately no, the constant updates required to keep ANE's inline with the native OS's just make a one off fee an impossible model to maintain. We used to have this model but we were losing a lot of our time supporting and updating them so we made the choice to move to the current model in order to continue the development.

Cheers,

Michael

air native extensions // https://airnativeextensions.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2015 Jan 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info Michael. I would like to purhcase PDFReader, but I am still concerned with the recurring payments. They aren't recommended from the UK, but I do understand your position:

ref: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/recurring-payments

I will get in touch with my credit card provider for some more information and then hopefully order PDFreader.

Alan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines