• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR app crashes on startup in iPhone X iOS Simulator

Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im trying to test the AIR app in the new iOS 11 simulator to see how it would look on the iPhone X screen, but the app crashes on startup without any logs or errors.

I tried using AIR 26 and AIR 27 but the result is the same.

I found this discussion https://forum.starling-framework.org/topic/air-xcode-9-ios-11-beta-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly where it says:

iOS 11 enforces x86_64 for simulator builds. AIR only produces i386 simulator builds. Therefore, you cannot run AIR projects in the Xcode 11.0 Simulator.

So it looks like Adobe AIR doesnt support it yet.

Any ideas for a hack or temporary solution to make it work?

Or when can we expect an AIR update?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I've uploaded to TestFlight with AIR for iOS 28, twice now, they reject it because it doesn't work on iPad, even though my app is only designed for iPhone and I have that set in the AIR for iOS Settings.

Is there anything else I can do, to indicate that this app is iPhone only? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple is now saying that all apps should work on both iPhone and iPad. In the past, it was ok to develop for either iPhone or iPad individually. App Store Review Guidelines - Apple Developer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody knows where to put assets.car to make icons visible on iphoneX?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You should keep Assets.car in the root directory with your swf. For more details you can read here​, section "To create an iOS/tvOS package with Assets.car"

Thanks,

Krati

Adobe AIR Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just want to say with the help here of everyone and Adobe staff, I was able to launch an iPhone X, 8, 8 Plus app successfully for my client. Thank you!

AIR for iOS 28 is great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys!

Anyone has a solid fix for the stretched image problem?

I am having this problem on a Iphone 6+, and using the Air v 28  build 120

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are two new 3rd generation iPad (11 inch and 12.9 inch) launched recently. Do we have different launch image for those ipad's in landscape mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines