• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR - Determine Minimum OS Requirements

Engaged ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have written an AIR app for mobile iOS and Android that I will be submitting to the App Store/Google Play in the next two weeks.  I wrote the app in AIR 28.  How do I let users know the minimum system requirements that their device must have to work with my app???  The thing I am most interested in knowing is the absolutely minimum operating system that will be compatible with my app.

Thanks for any insight!!

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

It looks like it would now be iOS 9 and Android 4.0, though I would suggest telling people 4.3 anyway.

Tech specs and system requirements | Adobe AIR

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like it would now be iOS 9 and Android 4.0, though I would suggest telling people 4.3 anyway.

Tech specs and system requirements | Adobe AIR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colin, why do you suggest telling Android users that they need a minimum of 4.3 when the Adobe documentation states that it only needs 4.0?  Have you had experience with people using 4.0 running into trouble with AIR???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't clearly remember what it was that was improved, and there's even a chance that it was 4.0.3 that had the important changes, and that I've misremembered. It was five years ago, but I think there were sound related things that were improved.

Here's a breakdown of all of the Android updates, and what they improved:

Android version history - Wikipedia

It would be ok if you required 4.0, the number of users who are on 4.x and are not on at least 4.3 anyway, is likely to be low.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Itunes usually handles this for you but Android is more open, both have ways to set minimum OS requirements in your app publishing panel so your app won't show on device that don't fit the minimum requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys.  A clear document like the one your posted was exactly what I was looking for.  I don't know why,  but I guess I am a little surprised.  I guess I thought that each AIR SDK would have it's own requirements, not just a blanket coverage for AIR in general.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They do, but the current one is what that page shows. This page shows downloads and release notes for older versions:

Find and download archived versions of Adobe AIR SDK

but unfortunately it just links over to the latest system requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines