• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Air on Android 4.0.4 Error

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2013 Sep 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with a problem in android 4.0.4 installation.

Well, I just read this (http://forums.adobe.com/message/4845995) and I'm with the same problem...

My company have a galaxy tab with android 4.0.3 and everything is okay, but I just received a tablet from Intel, The Intel Education tablet (10'' android 4.0.4) and I'm getting a error when I try to install the Adobe AIR from the Google Play

I get the Error "The file is corrupt" something like this.

• I downloaded the AIR 3.5 from adobe labs and I tryed to install, and I get the same error.

• I downloaded the AIR 3.9 from adobe labs and I tryed to install, and I get the same error.

• I deployed one app with AIR runtime embed, and I get the same error.

• I deployed one app without AIR and I can install this, but, of course, this need the AIR installed on the device.

What can I do?

Thanks,

Danilo Canalle.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2013 Sep 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Danilo,

Is this only happening with this device?  Can you email me your app with the runtime embeded so I can give this a try?

Thanks,

Chris

ccampbel@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2013 Sep 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Chris!

I don't think it's a problem with my application, because I can not even install the Adobe Air from the Google Play on this tablet. And my app is running perfectly on any other device.

The tablet is that (Intel Education Tablet 10'')Intel® Education Tablet - 10”Intel® Education Tablet - 10”

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/education-solutions/tablets.html

Its came with Android 4.0.4. and the only thing I tried after removing the the box, was log in with my account and try to install the Adobe AIR from Google Play. Then I tried to install my application built with AIR that causes the same error.

Thanks,

Danilo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2013 Sep 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so the main issue here is that AIR does not support Intel based Android.  We're actually surprised you see this as an option in the Play store.  Can you confirm that the AIR runtime is listed for you?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2013 Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh God =/

Well, I'll send two links of photos I took of the Tablet:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/83825345/tablet_intel/img1.JPG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/83825345/tablet_intel/img2.JPG

Air Version listed on Google Play: 3.8.0.143

So, the problem is the processor that que tablet runs, any idea if will be possible to run AIR on Intel based tablets?

Thank,

Danilo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other point:

In Amazon APP store, I can see the Adobe AIR too, but with the version 3.7.0.209, but of course, I still can't install from there.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AIR on Intel based tablets are not supported.

Regards,

Nimit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any possibility of future support?

Thanks,
Danilo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, as of know, there are no plans for Intel based tablets support.

Regards,
Nimit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2013 Nov 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nimit,

So, does this mean that Adobe will not be supporting mobile devices who use intel processors in the future? What happens when Samsung, HP, Google, etc continue to use Intel processors in their devices? As a developer, do I have to tell my clients we only can program for specific mobile devices because the software we use is not compatible for devices with intel processors? Nimit, not your problem but how do the "powers" that be at "Adobe" expect the development community to support Adobe's AIR for mobile development?

Regards,

Sherman

Been developing using Adobe products since 2000.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2013 Nov 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd love to hear some official word from Adobe on this as well. "Develop once, run anywhere except Intel based Android mobile devices" isn't quite as catchy a slogan is it?

But seriously this is a big problem for us - we've developed a large enterprise app which runs great on IOS and Android (ARM) but if more tablets come out using Intel chips we're in the very difficult position of explaining to our clients that it won't work on their tablet and we have no fallback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 16, 2014 Feb 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I'm signing it only to ask this:

89324 wrote:

I'd love to hear some official word from Adobe on this

Dude, this thread has adobe guys saying "not supported" three times. How much more official can it get? Do you want ceo to post there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2014 Feb 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi makc,

can Adobe share the underlying reason about this decision? just to understand its philosophy.

thank you man.

--

for other developer companies:

vote for this 'feature': Adobe AIR on Android x86 -> https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3651397

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, I hereby command thee to explain the underlying reason to this man. For the love of God, Adobe! The power of Christ compels you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The costs associated with new platforms are significant (both short and long term) and we have to weigh these with what makes sense from a business perspective.  That said, we know that these are often requested features and we really do continue to evaluate new platform support.  We'll make sure to update the roadmap if any changes occur in this area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So yes I am crystal clear that AIR on Android currently only supports ARMv7 hardware, but are people actually reporting that AIR apps show as purchasable or installable on Android Intel hardware when browsing the Google Play or Amazon App Stores?

I would have thought that the ARMv7 requirement would be explicitly enforced when the apk is packaged up (as AIR iOS ipa packaging currently does), is this not the case?   It certainly shouldn't be end users that discover an app listed just fails to install as opposed to app stores clearly recognizing their devices as incompatible and alerting users up front.

Just wanted clarification on this part. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

what I ask is the following.

(I understand what you mean with business perspective. but..)

Please be complete and clear. In a short form: are we going to be not more multiplatform[1] in the real life, _or_ Adobe Project Managers does not (yet??) consider Android X86 to be an incoming major architecture [for client devices]? (ok, I will "ln -s" to my mindsystem your flash roadmap but thinking "in the short term" is relatively important for our job)

Or eventually Adobe may have not publishable plans to not to gain dangerous expectations from their developer community? (this point is really important to me)

[1] we know, "multiplatform" is something of an exact meaning: speaking e.g. about desktop marketplace, a product that works for Mac and for Linux but not for Windows _is not_ multiplatform. It is clear for all. What I miss is the Adobe intent: Flash is becoming semi-multiplatform or Adobe is optimizing resources to gain the best effort possible? (we all know that your job requires a very big effort)

What I have asked to Makc is a simple simple big picture on this argumentation (in other words, why Android X86 is not in the business perspective of Adobe?).

ps I start thinking[2] that, improving their communication, Adobe staff would make his community of developers probably a bit more happy. Be more extensive, more 'scientist'. It's significant for our confidence in your team. (you should know: "Air is dead" thread could be better managed)

[2] still under debugging

What I'm trying to understand is if it is possible for my business model to follow Adobe directions or - at the contrary - if following Adobe means to me going to move to a partial flop with the Flash technology (which lot of us works with before Adobe).

I'm working at a web+multiplatform VideoCollaboration/instant messenger/social platform product. Imagine.

Important: Chris, please insert a timestamp on (each) roadmap updates.

Sometimes Adobe appears shy to me.

Thank you so much.

mc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not exactly makc,

the power of Christ compels you to be more suitable with your mvp badge when you reply on forums. Remember you are speaking with other colleagues and with companies which are investing their business models and money and life on the flash runtime (and of course your are speaking with other people).

Thank you anyway for your contrib.

mc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Massimiliano, how come you are not happy with my reply? I casted the spell and - voila- you've got your answer from Adobe within next hour. And you did not like my magic? Sigh. Not helping you from now on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2014 Feb 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your magic? again?

if this is the quality available, no problem. (frankly I start disliking).

and probably you don't know the answers.. need adobe ceo to post instead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ps about your magic (and our videoconferencing marketplace of course)... look at my magic instead!

(with subtitles, 'dude' please read.. are you happy too now? - from my lands)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeffery Adams - I'm not intimately familiar with the Android play store submission process so I'm not sure if this is a user configurable setting.  If it's not, and AIR apps are showing up due to a fault with our code, I would definitely recommend opening a bug report at https://bugbase.adobe.com so that we can resolve this.

@Massimilano Carli - Unfortunately I can't really get any more specific.  We don't have any plans to extend support for new platforms at this time.  However, things (such as platform popularity, business deals, etc) in the future can obviously change and we need to monitor these situations and make and update our decisions accordingly.

Point taken on the roadmap timestamp.  We do have a revision history at the end of the document and I'll try to be more verbose there the next time I update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 14, 2014 Mar 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, are you aware of this bug base issue : https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3651397 - this is among the top 3 voted issues for Air in the bugbase, even though it has been around for just a few months. 

I dont know if Adobe appreciates how critical this issue is, given that the Samsung Galaxy tab 3 10.1 is among the most popular tablets for android. And if that was not enough, this is bound to make even the most ardent Adobe Air proponents like us to reconsider : http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/tablets/3506259/nexus-8-gets-july-release-date-rumoured-specs/

"

Nexus 8 release date set for July with 64-bit Intel processor and Android 4.5"

We, like many people on the bug base, have invested untold resources (time and money), and are having a very hard time looking to a customer and telling them that the app we developed for them wont run on all Android devices. The fact that this is Samsung (and now potentially Nexus) makes this even more acute, and we could really use some assurance from Adobe at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2014 Mar 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Flexicious - We are very aware of this platform support request.  I don't have any new information that I can provide but as I've mentioned before, we do continuously evaluate new platform support.

I hadn't seen the Nexus 8 rumor, but it's something I'll try and follow up on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2014 Apr 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Chris: It's easy to tell a client that a specific os is not supported. Telling them that you only support a subset of devices running the os in question is incomprehensible to them. We are not talking about some devices with insignificant market share. No it's the galaxy tab und now probably the next nexus! How can you still be evaluating? Start coding!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines