Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR: Record high-quality video, locally

Enthusiast ,
Jan 31, 2014 Jan 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I think I know the answers to this, but I am putting this thread out in case anybody has a better approach.

Essentially, I want to record a video to local hard-drive using AIR for either desktop or mobile while playing a monitor stream over the top (to allow people to record in synch with others).

For mobile, I have had some (limited) success using CameraUI, but that seems to be very limited indeed as you can't set quality, can't interact with or monitor any recordings, can't provide additional information and can't play audio at the same time.

For desktop, where CameraUI is unavailable, the only links I have found install a third-party server (such as red5) and launch it via a .BAT file or similar.

There _has_ to be another, better, way?

Thanks,

G

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 04, 2014 Feb 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think your best chance for this is finding an ANE that supports you with what you want to achieve. The capabilities and implementations differ based on the device/OS, so it does not make sense to support this in Air generally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 04, 2014 Feb 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Poltergeist, I am also looking at this for desktop. But, you are right, I think an ANE is the way we'll have to go. I haven't seen any around yet, though, so may need to be home-cooked.

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines