• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR runtime installation failed

Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We distribute our application via a AIR native installer.

Since a few days the installation does not work on computers (Windows and Mac) where the Adobe AIR runtime has not been installed yet.

You will get the following error message:

This application requires an update to Adobe AIR that is not available for your system. Please view the system requirements for Adobe AIR and update your system accordingly.

It seems that the download results in a 404 error.

I verified it with the help of a sniffer. The URL to the runtime downloads is not available.

That means that every new customer who hasn't installed the AIR runtime gets this error.

Can you give me an estimate of when this issue will be resolved?

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have the same issue.  I am trying to install an application that uses AIR, and it produces that same popup. I can't tell where the system requirements link goes to, as I do not have a sniffer.  I  do know that after some redirects I end up on https://www.adobe.com/ca/index2.html.  Note that I am located in Canada. I did find an AIR installer and ran it. The install log has several examples of 404 for http://airdownload.adobe.com/air/3/nai/windows10.0/x86/installer I can confirm that if I enter this same URL into FF I get a 404 My system is Windows 10.  I've confirmed that all my Windows updates are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@adobe can we please have an update ASAP ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are seeing an increasing number of users report this problem and no way to diagnose or fix.

Adobe, please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should be fixed as of this morning.  Please let me know if you're still encountering problems with either the native or badge installs.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just created a AIR package and I get the same error that "The application requires an update to Adobe AIr that is not available for your system. On the latest AIR (32.0.0.116) Windows 10.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are still getting the same error.

Adobe, please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering about the general timing of these issues lately.
Is Adobe migrating the back-end services relating to AIR runtime, such as it's native installer towards Harman?

I've just witnessed this same issue now and got the impression some of the tech is getting intermittent.
Is there any assurances of these problems getting resolved by Adobe and Harman soon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2019 Aug 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having this problem on Windows 7 and was able to resolve it by first installing the latest version of Adobe AIR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines