• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR Windows 64bit version

Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know the current state of development of the 64bit Windows version of AIR.

This was mentioned over 1 year ago, and then planned for release 23, and we are now in the middle of 24 beta and there is no mention of it.

In multiple occasions I expressed my interest in testing ANY version of it, since I have a LIVE project, with customers who NEED more than 1GB of memory.

Luckly, the small percentage of MacOSX customers are happy, since 64bit has been available for more than 1 year for them.

Can you please provide any insight on the matter?

Regards

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are glad that you are using 64 bit AIR for your apps. Could you please share a project that reproduces the issue. A simple project would suffice. This would help us narrowing down the issue fast.

Regards

Rakshit Sareen (ADOBE AIR Team)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where to send the files, don't want to post it here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please log a bug in http://tracker.adobe.com and attach a project along with the bug report. Also paste a reference over here after you log it.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Posted a link to a sample but it's moderated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please upload to Dropbox or similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uploaded to dropbox.
To reproduce, run the test.app and while running, resize the window, make it smaller. Can you reproduce the visual bugs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I was able to see the issue. Will try to investigate.

Thanks

Rakshit Sareen (ADOBE AIR Team)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

daianc20000010  wrote

Glad to see this out, finaly.
I'm working on an application that involves dealing with images and lots of them. After a quick test I see that there are issues with bitmaps and BitmapData,  color bands and artefacts are present when scaled to a certain ration, I believe and only after publishing as 64bit app.bitmap_bug.jpg

That is same problem as it was before... lets say 1 year, with AIR beta during that time.

Don't remember AIR version (not sure, but maybe it was x.x.263), it was mentioned on this forum, and on bug base. And it was resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just encountered the same issue with garbled graphics / strange colours when scaling bitmapData using AIR 64-bit on Windows (26.0.0.123).

If I publish as AIR 32-bit (27.0.0.116), there is no issue, the bitmapData looks OK.

Adobe, when do you plan to fix this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on the 64bit Version (or maybe a new BETA Update)?

We have made very good experience regarding performance of the 64Bit version, however we cannot use the version since the AIR 25 BETA SDK, which is used for the 64Bit Beta, has the SecureSocket bug (https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/AIR-4198301) introduced, which got fixed later for stable release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's now a new 64 bit beta available!

Download Adobe AIR 28 Beta - Adobe Labs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Away3d does not seem to be working with adobe air 28 64 bit. I do not get any crash errors just the 3d does not load (working in 32 bit mode).

UPDATE: Got it working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines