• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Am i able to leave the Beta Entitlements in the XML descriptor for final store submission?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2016 Jan 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am i able to leave the Beta Entitlements in the XML descriptor for final store submission?

That way I don't have to change version numbers on the last build tested... Very curious, or is this something that is not smart to do?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it would fail to submit. You can delete them and do your last build using the same build version. Don't forget that your final build will be using the App Store provisioning profile, so it's a build you won't be able to test locally anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would it fail to submit? Its already passing submission with the Beta Entitlement. Also, I can't see you being able to keep the same build version without resubmitting another build. The Testflight version with the Beta Entitlement has to have the App Store provisioning profile. I read on another forum somewhere that you actually can submit for your final build with the Beta Entitlement in the XML... So if you're using Testflight, why not just leave the Beta Entitlement code in the XML when submitting the final build??? I truly doubt you submit another build with the removed Beta Entitlement and keep the same build number...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're probably right about needing to use the App Store provisioning for Test Flight, but I have had a case where I had used Test Flight for an app, then when I uploaded it with Application Loader, it rejected it because of containing beta entitlements.

What tool are you using to build apps, that is forcing you to increment the build number each time? I don't think Application Loader cares which version you last used for Test Flight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2016 Jan 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot use Test Flight without submitting your build to Apple. So how can it get rejected if that's whats required? How else can you use TestFlight (descriptor containing beta entitlements) without submitting the build to Apple??? Each time you submit any build you have to increment the build number each time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2016 Jan 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're submitting to the Test Flight page. It's a different review process than final store submission. For example, if you leave the version number alone, and only change the build number, it doesn't have to go through the review stages. But, that same build submitted to the actual store will have to go through the usual review process.

Whatever the case, when I submitted an app that I had been using with Apple's version of Test Flight, it got rejected because i hadn't removed the beta entitlements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2016 Jan 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just submitted the latest build with the beta entitlements. The build is now waiting to be reviewed. I'll let you know if Apple Rejects it because of beta entitlements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, will be interesting to see if things have changed. My case was soon after Apple acquired Test Flight, and they may have improved the submission process since then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2016 Jan 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My App is now Pending Developer Released! So it is approved.

Maybe Apple changed the submission process.

That answers that question, you actually can submit a distribution build and leave the beta entitlements in!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 18, 2016 Jan 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for reporting back, and congrats!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines