• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Android 5 lollipop update remove all AIR apps

Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2014 Nov 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to Android 5 OTA on two Nexus 7 2014 and 2013, after upgrading all the AIR apps were removed, native apps remained. I tried to install the apps from Google Play and i got an 505 install error. 

The logcat error is below:

E/Finsky(4449): [1] PackageInstallerImpl.handleCommitCallback: Error -505 while installing air.com.123.456 INSTALL_FAILED_UPDATE_INCOMPATIBLE: Package couldn't be installed in /data/app/air.com.123.456-1: Package air.com.123.456 signatures do not match the previously installed version; ignoring!

The apps are the same as before upgrading , they were not updated, the certificate is the same.

Anyone else seen this problem, is there an AIR patch?

I can install the app by "adb uninstall" command then re installing from Google play.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2014 Dec 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the 5.0.1 OTA update on Nexus7 and all the apps that were removed were restored again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic news, thank you. Have you tried installing an AIR app from Google Play? e.g. http://bit.ly/1yvhTVD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think the problem wasnt with installing new apps after doing the update but trying to reinstall app before the upgrade, anyway i tried to insttall the app you linked and it works fine , nexus 7 2013.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're right, but wanted to be certain. Thanks for taking the time to check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2014 Dec 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google release Android 5.0.1

Does anybody install it? Maybe this fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this will help but there are the two entries in Google's issue tracker for our issue.

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=79375

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=79089

If you have not done so, please star these (click the star by the issue number). It may help the raise the visibility/priority of the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Chris is right. I've checked a version of the commit logs myself and there's this:

32a22c44b8351c1cccd3a1f9c47a33469d9378e0 - platform/frameworks/base - Git at Google

Recover apps with malformed certificates.

There was a window of time in Lollipop where we persisted certificates

after they had passed through a decode/encode cycle. The well-written

OpenSSL library was liberal when decoding (allowing slightly malformed

certs to be parsed), but then strict when encoding, giving us

different bytes for effectively the same certificate.

A related libcore change (0c990ab4a90b8a5492a67b2b728ac9a4a1ccfa1b)

now returns the original bytes verbatim, fixing both pre-Lollipop

installs and installs after that change.

This change recovers any apps that had been installed during the

window of time described above by doing a one-time check to see if

the certs are effectively equal.

Which seems to be exactly related to the problem. Additionally, it does recognize and recover from the error, so apps that have been installed with 5.0 will still be valid after the signature check is back to normal.

The interesting part is that this seems to have been fixed 3 weeks ago, on Android 5.0.0_r7. However, it didn't make it to Nexus 5/6 (5.0.0_r5) nor Nexus 7/10 (5.0.0_r6) and that's why those were the affected devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2014 Dec 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to spam all of you following this thread. But are there any updates on this? Is the 5.0.1 update coming to devices at the moment? My Nexus 5 says the updates were last checked "^1", which looks like a bug to me. Has anyone actually seen the OTA update and been able to confirm it will fix the issue? I live in Finland and the device is Finnish (which may also cause the "^1" bug, if there's a typo in Android's language file).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that updating to 5.0.1 from 4.4.4 works. I haven't gotten the update on my 5.0.0 device so I can't tell you if it will fix the missing apps (I assume it will) or if there is any issue with air apps that were installed in 5.0.0 then upgraded to 5.0.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got 5.0.1 on Nexus 7 and missing apps installed automatically.  Also my HTC One GPe went straight to 5.0.1 so no issue there.  Definitely 5.0.1 fixes it based on what I have seen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there's ever any "official" word on availability of versions. No one ever says anything; images just start showing up, and people start reporting OTA.

For all it's worth, updates are coming to the devices. Android 5.0.1 factory images have been available for a while for Nexus 7 (2013)/9/10, and Nexus 4 and 6 had their images added today. Comments in a reddit thread seems to indicate people are indeed receiving OTA updates to 5.0.1. And on my own apps I'm seeing a lot of new 5.0 users (about 30/day) with just about 1 or 2 new 5.0 installs a day, which means that all those new 5.0 users are actually people with Nexus phones getting their devices updated.

PS. @LogicOnTap, from reading the commit logs and diffs, I believe 5.0.0 -> 5.0.1 will be fine. There's code to handle and port over the incorrect signature.

TL;DR: there's no official update but it's rolling out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've had the 5.0.1 update through on our Nexus 10 now, and all the AIR apps have magically come back now. Phew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2014 Dec 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nexus 6 I get the error 505 on Android 5 and also with 5.0.1 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lmbhd wrote:

Nexus 6 I get the error 505 on Android 5 and also with 5.0.1 update.

We're getting this too, on a recent model phone - not sure which make/model, but I'll report back when I find out.

The developer who reported this also reports that a similar app developed by a friend of ours is not exhibiting this symptom. I'll try to find out what the difference is between the way the two apps are getting built.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve and lmbhd.  Please let us know any additional details when you can and we'll investigate further.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My colleague's device was a Nexus 5. I did a little searching on "Android AIR 505 Error" and found this StackExchange thread:

google play store - How do I deal with unknown installation error code -505? - Android Enthusiasts S...

It mentioned that AIR apps were hogging permissions, generating this error: INSTALL_FAILED_DUPLICATE_PERMISSION.

I mentioned this to my colleague, and he went and uninstalled all AIR apps from his device, then reinstalled just our app. It installed without the 505 error. He then went on to install our other friend's application, and it also installed without 505. It looks like our problem has disappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 22, 2014 Dec 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remember that error -505 is a generic error when trying to use different signatures. You can get that error in any number of ways; doesn't mean it's the same problem. If you run a debug version (with a local test certificate) and then try updating from Google Play, for example, you'll get that error, since they have different certificates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 22, 2014 Dec 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't Google Play do the same check before uploading to prevent that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2014 Dec 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_2014-12-20-11-50-15.pngI don't know anything about adobe air but I can't update modern combat 5 and asphalt 8 on my n7 2013 running 5.0.1. Same 505 error message appears. It's still opening but it is not updated. I also can't install the game gangstar Vegas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what i can tell those games dont use Adobe AIR since there is no air in the package name , so its not an AIR issue. cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Nexus 4/5 users are reporting that performance took a major hit since 5.0.1. Is there any hope of fixing that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 19, 2015 Feb 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I now have Samsung Galaxy S5 users reporting that my AIR apps stop working after their latest system update. Could this be the same problem? I hope a more stable experience can be offered soon...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines