• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Android "L"

Contributor ,
Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize this is breaking development on Android and won't be out for some time officially but I downloaded the developer preview and found all my AIR apps just display a grey screen.  The native extensions like ads and dialogs still come up but not the swf content.  I have created a bug but hope we can get a beta of AIR that works quickly so we can have continuity in user experience with AIR apps.  Please vote at link below so Adobe knows.

Bug#3782232 - Support Android "L"

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 05, 2014 Jul 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also noticed that it looks like Google is doing away with the gallery app in favor of the Photos app as part of G+.  The cameraroll api doesn't seem to work when choosing an image from Photos.  I posted a bug:

Bug#3785467 - Cameraroll API doesn't work with Android Photos app (replaces Gallery)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue. Unfortunately, we are not able to reproduce the problem. Could you please share a sample application with us. Have you tried the application with Nexus 7.

Regards,

Nimit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An example of an app that doesn't work on Android L is mine: Photobomb - Android Apps on Google Play

I have also tried other air apps that you have showcased on your website for adobe gaming located @ Play web and mobile games built with Flash | Adobe Gaming

A couple apps I tested had the same issue, it seems you simply get the stage background color but no display objects appearing when running on L.  Music and native dialogs work and no crashes happen.

- Wrestling Revolution

- Hero Mages

For my app, I am using I believe latest AIR SDK 14 and doing captive runtime.  I found some older apps that do not use captive runtime seem to work fine.

As for the cameraroll, need it to work with G+ Photos if the gallery is really going away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did some test apps in Flash Pro CC.  If I use CPU, I see things in the display list but when I use GPU, I only get the BG color showing up.  Below is a link to download a sample project. 

http://https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6924745/test.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2014 Jul 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting the issues, the GPU and Direct render mode related issues are known. We are investigating whether it's Android L bugs or Runtime.

Regards,

Nimit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 10, 2014 Jul 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 06, 2014 Aug 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines