Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Android Textfield Autcompletion completely messed up

Advocate ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to track down an issue with Android Textfields for quite a while now. I verified the behavior in Air 16.0.0.292 and Air 18.0.0.144 on several devices. A combination of autocompletion and displayAsPassword textfields is completely broken but behaves very differently on different devices. This is the setup:

A common login popup: 2 input Textfields, one plain text (TF1), one with displayAsPassword as true (TF2), testing happens exclusively in portrait mode

On the Samsung S3 with Android 4.3:

- I start to enter text in TF1 and click on an autocomplete suggestion

- I switch to TF2 and type one letter. The textfield prints TWO letters, a leading space and the letter I typed

On the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 with Android 4.2.2

- The text in TF1 with the autocomplete suggestion is filled in, but an additional space is appended

- Interaction with TF2 is fine

On the Fairphone 1 with Android 4.2.2:

- I type some text into TF2

- I switch focus from TF2 to TF1 and back to TF2

- I am unable to delete any text from TF2, I assume some sort of lock condition resulting from the autocompletion

- In rare cases, I see the same leading space upon typing in TF2 as on the Samsung S3

Additionally, I have a hard time setting the focus in Textfields that have text to the end of the texts. Usually I can only set the focus in front of the first letter, making it impossible to delete existing texts.

I have uploaded my test build here: There are 4 textfields, 2 in a designed login popup with embedFonts and 2 plain textfields created by code. There is no difference in behavior.

http://evil-software.com/test-android-textfields.apk

I created a bug report here:

Bug#4020635 - Android Textfields Autocompletion completely messed up

Thanks for your support

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines