• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ANE for Sending Email on iOS?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2015 Sep 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found the DiaDraw E-mail ANE 64bit, but was wondering if there was a free universal ANE or maybe an Actionscript 3.0 way of sending an email with an attachment on iOS?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GoViral by Milkmangames supports sharing a message with an image, the user can then select the email client among other apps like Facebook or WhatsApp to share that message with and the image appears in the email client, thats what I tested. I am not sure if they support a way for sending an email directly, but you can check out the GoViral API for free on their website and see if there is a dedicated email function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I'm looking for a free-to-use solution and this GoViral Facebook and Sharing Native Extension for Adobe AIR seems to cost even more than the DiaDraw ANE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be possible to have a server side script somewhere that could take a post from an AIR app, and to forward it as an email with attachment. But, you would certainly use up more than $25 worth of your time getting that going.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I'm only looking to use the Native iOS email client. Are there any ways to access the email clients without an ANE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try

navigateToURL( new URLRequest("mailto:") );

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think navigateToURL would handle an attached image, would it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 16, 2015 Sep 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ouch, I misread about attachments, sorry. If he wants attachments - the only one way is ANE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines