• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

any Native Extension to turn IOS/ANE camera flash light on?

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2012 Feb 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there any existing AIR native extension?

or can i create such native extension by my own?

thx

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2012 Feb 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sure you can, lots of tutorials out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 05, 2012 Jul 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this helps you but the camera one we've developed does this for you.

http://labs.distriqt.com/native-extensions

Cheers...

air native extensions // https://airnativeextensions.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 04, 2012 Oct 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mic, I am looking at your guys' extension package, very interested. I just want to access the camera's flash capability and flash the device flash on demand as my app requires without actually acquiring an image. Would I be able to do that with your extension? Is there a long delay between the call and the actual physical flash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

Most definitely, this is currently exactly what one of our extensions does, simply controls the flash state.

There is no noticeable delay between the call and the light, at least on the devices we have tested.

Cheers,

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mic Ill probably pick it up this weekend, also interested in that vibration ane since the one adobe put out breaks their own program when previewing in flash and does not seem to work on iPhone.

Am I able to use the same exact code for Android and iOS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah all our extensions have a default library (so the API works even when there isn't a specific ANE for the platform) and have the iOS and Android versions matched as closely as possible.

There are some differences in some of them but the API is the same. For example, you can get more information about a dialog closing on one platform than another, i.e. under Android there are 2 ways of closing it so there are additional events to support that information.

Let us know if you have any questions or problems using the ANE's. We're always looking for ways to improve them!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again Mic your posts have made me very confident and your documentation looks very clear and straightforward plus you supply example files.

I'll let you know if I run into any problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines