Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any way to support iPad 1?

Participant ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am in a bit of a pickle. Last year I developed a school app for a company and they now want me to do a small update to it, as well as making a new app.

The problem is that many of the schools using the app still have a lot of first generation iPads. The app runs very well on the device, but I don't think I am able to update it without loosing the support for iPad 1. Since Apple requires 64-bit support I can't use an older AIR version than 16 right?

Has anyone been able to publish a new app that supports iOS 5.1.1 (ie the latest version iPad1 supports) using AIR? I am not using any extensions or any new features.

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I am not mistaken you can still support the iPad 1. Haven't tried in a while though. Try setting the minimum required iOS version to 4 and see what happens. The catch is most of the important ANEs like Facebook, etc. won't work and will crash your app on startup if you try to include them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 08, 2015 Dec 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried setting the MinimumOSVersion but unfortunately it doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2015 Dec 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The system that AIR runs on isn't always the same as the one that the requirements state, so it's always worth trying. But, in the change to support 64 bit they may well have cut out older versions. You will have to use an older version of Flash Pro to be able to build an AIR 16 app, but I would give it a try. You would want to use the oldest build that supports 64 bit, which is 16.0.0.283.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines