• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are These Forums Active?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, so I was wondering if these forums are actually active and/or if issues posted here actually ever reach the development team?

From what I've gathered so far, most threads here remain unanswered or never reach a resolution. I don't mean to stir any trouble or anything, but it would be helpful for me to know if there are no plans to fix an issue I've posted. Just an acknowledgement would mean the world to me.

For some context, the issue I posted the other day is pretty serious, and basically renders AIR applications that implement the GameInput class unusable on Windows 7:

Bug Instantiating GameInput Class Causes Lag on Windows 7 in AIR 22+

If there are no plans to acknowledge an issue like this one can only assume that AIR's is no longer in active development outside of mandatory security patches.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Air staff does reply from time to time in these forums, I assume depending what their schedule allows. The response rate on some bug tickets could be better, I agree. But then again they probably have way more tickets created than they can handle..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last AIR SDK update is 2 months old. The last solved bug report is even older. Most forum posts have no answers, staff members only answer some trivial questions and don't solve real issues. Can you call this "active"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the Air team releases a new SDK round about every 3 month. The Air 25 Beta has been put live just now, there you go:

Adobe AIR 25 Beta | application development - Adobe Labs

It includes a solid number of bugs fixed.

Also maybe you overlooked the Air development forum next to this one?

AIR Development

As I said I agree there could be more, but then again I am quite happy with the status quo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also be happy with the status quo if all the issues were fixed, but they are not.

v25 brings some hope, but again, the bug I'm waiting to be fixed is still there. I'm talking about this one: Huge performance issue on some devices with PowerVR GPU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

rewb0rn wrote:

The Air staff does reply from time to time in these forums, I assume depending what their schedule allows. The response rate on some bug tickets could be better, I agree. But then again they probably have way more tickets created than they can handle..

Yes the Air team releases a new SDK round about every 3 month. The Air 25 Beta has been put live just now, there you go:

Adobe AIR 25 Beta | application development - Adobe Labs

It includes a solid number of bugs fixed.

Also maybe you overlooked the Air development forum next to this one?

AIR Development

As I said I agree there could be more, but then again I am quite happy with the status quo

It's one thing to investigate and come to a solution on a ticket which I know takes some time, but I'd rather be told directly it's not a priority and that it won't be fixed than hear nothing at all. There just seems to be a lack of transparency about the priority of what goes in to each release.

And unfortunately the AIR beta 25.0.0.108 neither addresses nor acknowledges my particular issue (tested just now, performance may be even worse actually). I'd love to see my bug at least mentioned in the "Known Issues" of the release notes. I even created a repo on Github that reproduces the issue 100% of the time with the bare minimum amount of effort to help AIR devs debug. Maybe I'd be ok with the status quo if this bug didn't exist since AIR 16 (and probably earlier if I went back far enough), but it just doesn't feel right to not speak up when the issue affects over 40% of your players.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines