• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Build for iPhone5 and AppStore

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2012 Sep 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying today deploy build into AppStore.

Package using AIR 3.5 (with AIR 3.4 and IOS 6 SDK have problem too)

Add launch screen for iPhone 5 and other devices.

From iTunesConnect got error:

Invalid Launch Image - You app contains a launch image with a size modifier that is only supported for apps built with the iOS 6.0 SDK or later.

Compared with the valid build and found differences in Info.plist:

DTPlatformVersion: 5.1(in my) and 6.0(in valid)

DTSDKName: iphoneos5.1(in my) iphoneos6.0(in valid)

I think this is Bug in AIR packager.

How I can change this values?

P.S. Trying unzip ipa, change plist, resign app, zip and deploy - got error "Invalid entitlements". But I can't find Entitlements.plist in my package. Maybe someone know how I can export it from app?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Please find attached the adt.jar that fixes the upload issue. Try uploading your app using this adt.jar and let us know the results.     

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 02, 2012 Oct 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Android doesn't have a splash screen, nor does doing a test movie. So in both of those cases you are going from nothing to the point where you see your interface. On iOS there is a splash screen, and after that goes away you are left with what you have prepared in frame 1 of your FLA. If you don't have anything you will see the stage color. It would be an interesting test to change the stage color, what do you then see?

What is your usual solution to going from a splash screen to your interface, on different size screens?

BTW, you could choose to have a black Default-568h@2x.png, that would then make it work the same as on Android.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2012 Oct 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AIR 3.5 Beta seems to have a catastrophic bug that prevents loading external SWFs on an iOS device.

I used the replacement adt.jar in Flash Builder 4.6 with AIR 3.5 Beta overlayed and was able to successfully submit my app to iTunes Connect with the Default-568h@2x.png image, but I discovered that when I tested the app on my iOS devices (iPhones 4S and 5, iPads 1, 2 & 3) that the app CANNOT load an external SWF.

The app works perfectly when I test locally in Flash Builder 4.6 (Windows 7), but it fails on all iOS devices. The error is reported by my UncaughtErrorEvent EventListener as:

Error #3747

I have searched Google and these Adobe forums but I haven't been able to find anything related to error #3747.

Absolutely nothing is different in the external SWFs between this new failed build and all of the other previous working builds. The only thing different is that I have included the Default-568h@2x.png image and used AIR 3.5 Beta with the replacement adt.jar posted by Varun.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Josh

This is discussed here with a solution:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1073110

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the speedy reply, FLAdude!

I will try setting the LoaderContext.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2012 Oct 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone answer to this question ?

If I decide to publish my application with air 3.5 beta on iOS6 to manage iPhone 5 screen, did my application will be compatible with previous devices which always be on iOS 4, or iOS5, or iOS 5.1 ?

What does mean the <key>MinimumOSVersion</key> in Info.plist ? Actually if I package with Air 3.4 the value is <string>4.0</string>. Does it mean that my app is compatible with user who have iOS 4 ?

And if I package my app in Air 3.5 to support iPhone 5 screen, what will be the <key>MinimumOSVersion</key> value ?

I'd like to support iPhone 5 screen but I don't want to be forced to only support iOS6 devices.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

MinimumOSVersion specifies the minimum OS version that is supported for an application.

If MinimumOSVersion is 4.0 that means the application is compatible for iOS version 4.0 onwards.

For AIR3.5 MinimumOSVersion value will be 4.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Krati,

Thanks for the answer it's perfectly clear for me now 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you.

Message from iTunes: "You app status is Waiting for Review"

Good!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 27, 2012 Oct 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked. Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I just got the latest Adobe Air 3.5 SDK from http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/air3-5.html and tried to deploy to my iPhone 5.

But my app keeps freezing on the splash screen.

I also tried with the patched adt.jar mentioned in this forum but still no luck. Wasn't sure if the patch was in the latest Air 3.5 SDK or not?

I am able to deploy successfully (no letterboxed app) if I use my ant build package-application-debug-interpreter and copy the IPA to my iPhone with iTunes, but when I try to install the IPA I get from my ant build with the package-application-adhoc it freezes

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using native extensions in your app, and you are not linking the extension correctly with your application, this issue can occur. If you are linking the extension using the "merge into swf" option in Flash Builder or you are building the swf also using the ANT script, and you have specified the native extension swc using the -library-path option instead of the -external-library-path option, even then, this issue can occur.

If that is not the case, please open a bug at https://bugbase.adobe.com/ and share your project there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neh,

Can you please just confirm that I am doing the correct thing, before I open a bug?

See the only differences between my ant files below (highlighted in bold).

app-config-device-debug.xml (used for ipa-debug-interpreter) - which works

<external-library-path append="true">

<path-element>../ane/com.headr.HeadrNativeExtensions.ane</path-element>

</external-library-path>

<debug>true</debug>

<define>

<name>CONFIG::debugging</name>

<value>true</value>

</define>

<define>

<name>CONFIG::simulator</name>

<value>false</value>

</define>

versus

app-config-device.xml (used for ipa-ad-hoc) - which freezes  

<path-element>../ane/com.headr.HeadrNativeExtensions.ane</path-element>

</external-library-path>

<debug>false</debug>

<define>

<name>CONFIG::debugging</name>

<value>false</value>

</define>

<define>

<name>CONFIG::simulator</name>

<value>false</value>

</define>

Although having said that, I made the changes so that both xml use the same values and still freezes, so probably nothing to so with the values per se.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try one thing - instead of providing the path to ANE in the <path-element> section, provide the path to the native extension swc.

<path-element>path to swc</path-element>

</external-library-path>

Also, you may want to try packaging in ipa-debug target (if the issue is this external path linkage one, you will get error in the ipa-debug target also) using -connect and try debugging using fdb, if you are getting an AS error - 1009 or 1014 on launching the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neh,

Unfortunately, couldn't try your first suggestion. Due to the nature of our project, we cannot move from the ANE to a swc.

In regards to the second, I tried packaging in ipa-debug and I am running into the same issue indeed and am unable to debug it at all.

Raised a bug. Would you be able to tell me approx when it would be resolved? Quite crucial for our app launch at this stage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the bug number?

Also, please attach the resources to the bug if not done so already. Those will not be visible to users on the forums except Adobe employees.

You can attach the minimum code, ANE etc which reproduces the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neh,

It is bug #3374457 - It would not let me attach the ANE file though

Please let me know if you need it and how to best send it across.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send me the Dropbox or SendNow link at neh@adobe.com.

Do not mail the project directly to my mail id, as our internal servers will block it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2012 Nov 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding the original issue (i.e. AIR 3.5 apps for iOS being rejected automatically without the updated adt.jar file), it would be cooler if updates and bug fixes for AIR got pushed out to Flash Builder/Flash Professional the same way all other Adobe programs get updates.

In my case, this would have saved several hours of detective work trying to figure out why my app kept getting rejected until I eventually stumbled onto this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2013 Jan 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem. Could you tell me if you find any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 21, 2013 Jan 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did the jar file work for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2013 Jan 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got mine to work. In the end, it turned out to be a combination of things.

I required the Air 3.5 and the updated adt.jar. Also, I packaged my IPA using IntelliJ (Build-> Package AIR application feature) and I'm not experiencing the frozen splash screen anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2013 Apr 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an adt.jar for AIR 3.4? My app is dependant on an ANE that will only work on iOS using AIR 3.4. Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes there is, see this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1073656, in particular the "correct" answer near the top.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colin,

Thanks for the blazing fast answer. No wonder you are an MVP. It seems that the link takes me right back to this thread. Is the adt.jar file listed here compatible with both AIR 3.5 and 3.4? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the direct link to the adt.jar file mentioned in that other thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/4740484-111267/adt.jar

It's needed for AIR 3.4 but shouldn't be needed for AIR 3.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines