• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't submit an update on play store (64 bit requirement)

Engaged ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to submit a new build on play store but it refuses saying the 64 bit architecture is required.

I thought there was a grace period till august 2020.

Android Developers Blog: Get your apps ready for the 64-bit requirement

Did someone face the same issue or succeed to submit on play store lately?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grace period only for update the existing apps. Not for new apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did I talk about new app?!

i'm talking about UPDATE existing app...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really annoying. Upgrade is currently just impossible for my Air app.

Grace period isn't functional, Harman isn't ready yet...

And I have a critical update:-(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's strange, because I recently received this confirmation from Google:

Hello Google Play Developer,

Earlier this year, we reiterated that all apps using native code must provide a 64-bit version in addition to the 32-bit version when publishing to Google Play by August 1, 2019.

However, because one of your apps uses an SDK listed below, we wanted you to be aware that the following extensions are being granted:

• Corona Labs SDK - until August 2020
  • Adobe Air software and the AIR SDK - until August 2020
  • Unity 5.6.7 or older - until August 2021

We encourage you to review all of your apps for native code and make sure 64-bit variants are offered by the appropriate deadline. If you’re not sure, you can check the status of your app by uploading a draft version to the Play Console. You’ll see an alert if there’s anything to address.

So they detected I had AIR apps, and sent me an email to tell me the period was extended to August 2020. I'm wondering how they detect the app is made with AIR though. Did you leave the "air." prefix in your app ID? Or did you remove it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I have just released an update to one of our Air apps with Air 32 (i.e. without 64 Bits) and Google accepted it. Out of curiosity, does your app ID start with "air." or did you remove it? The app I updated does start with "air." but we also have some apps where we removed the "air." flavor, so I wonder if we will be able to update those as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes received the email as well.

And yes I still have air in the id...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case your best bet is to contact developer support and explain the situation. Please update this thread once you have a response, so others might find a solution here as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already contact Google about this. Here is their answer:

Hi Marc,

Thanks for contacting Google Play Developer Support and for reporting the behavior that you're seeing with the Google Play Developer Console.

Our engineering team is currently investigating the product behavior you described and will let you know as soon as we have a solution. We want to get this issue resolved for you as soon as possible.

Thanks again for your patience, and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Regards,

Buster

What bugs me is the fact that newb0rn didn't have a problem. I'm happy for him but it means I might be a special case which is not good for me.

Anyway thanks for your help guys, I'm getting nervous here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it was Apple, I'd be nervous too, as working with their review teams has always been a PITA. But with Google, since they clearly stated that you were granted a time extension, I wouldn't be too worried. Probably a technical glitch somewhere.

I know the feeling though. All the best!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah Apple is a nightmare. I'm waiting for three month that they solved a problem with the APNs Authentication Key that can be generated. They always reply very politely that they investigating but no result...So I'm a bit worry.

I hope Google will be better on this..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The package name can start with or without air.  What they do is that they inspect the APK file and scan the SDK’s used, similar to appbrain, appannie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is one think that aren't very clear.

Here they talk about they talk about games:
https://android-developers.googleblog.com/2019/01/get-your-apps-ready-for-64-bit.html

Android Developers Blog: Get your apps ready for the 64-bit requirement

And in the email I received (like Frédéric C.) they talk about "my app".

So I switched to games in case of but no luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem with my air app. I just tried to release an update of my app and got the same error about 64 bit architecture. Hopefully it's just some technical error on a Google Play side. Edit: Just tried to upload another air app and it works ok, so not sure what's going on. Edit 2: It seems like the error appears just for PAID apps as I m able to submit free apps but not paid, Is your app paid or free?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 10, 2019 Aug 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep good call. Indeed my app has inapp purchase...

Did you contact Google? I guess the more we complain, faster we will have a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Free with in app purchases worked for me. Just paid did not and yes I contacted Google

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn mine is free but with purchase...

So the error pattern is not clear...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I just tried to publish the games again and it works now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear! Also Air 33 SDK is now available for distribution. We are planning on upgrading our apps to 64 bits soon, the first tests show no problems for us so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for info, can you please send me a link to Air 33? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since Harman has not published a website yet, the only way to get access to Air SDK 33 is right now by writing them an email to adobe.support@harman.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines