• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can we exec user interacting apps (.swf) on iphone?

New Here ,
May 10, 2011 May 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can we execute user interacting apps(.swf) on iphone

ie app(.swf) that contains controls like buttons, textfield etc

which require user interaction.

Thanks,

Sampada.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Absolutely...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok.

I have one .swf application. And the pdf file with it contains following :

This sample shows how to build an interactive photo scrapbook by using behaviors instead of scripting. Behaviors provide an easy way to add interactivity to your Flash content without having to write ActionScript 2.0. In this sample, multiple behaviors are combined to create an interactive scrapbook. Explore the source file to learn more, or customize it by adding your own pictures.

The sample includes the following files:

â–  BehaviorsScrapbook.fla

â–  image1.jpg

â–  image2.jpg

â–  image3.jpg

â–  image4.jpg

â–  image5.jpg

I have to exec it on my iphone.

I created its .ipa file and lauch that app on iphone. App get launched but without images.

At the place of images, there is just black square.

Is there any need to specify those images somewhere, like in xml file or smwhere else?

I don't have knwledge of Action Script. So at each point I am getting confused.

Simillarly, I have one more app .swf where textfieds & buttons get used. This also exec on iphone

but all things except background get fluctuates continuously. No interaction is possible.

So plz tell me abt this also.

If you knw any tutorial that tell what type of .swf files require what type of settings to exec on iphone

then plz send me its link.

Thanks,

Sampada

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the debugging technic given in your earlier question and see where its failing or whats going wrong

Thanks

Saumitra bhave

Air ios

Sent from my Android phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is your source files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Saumitra, nice to see you here!

I have my settings in the forum to send all message to me via email, which means I at least glance at all topics, and only reply to ones that I have a good idea about, and I try to leave the ones that are already getting plenty of good answers.

Anyway, in working that way you get to see the various questions that people are asking, and a common question involves whether an app can run a swf with interactivity in it, and the answer to that is No. You can make an app with interactivity in it, of course, but what is often meant by the question is can you have an app that then loads in an external interactive swf. In other words a swf that has its own AS3 code, and as there is no interpreter, and it would break the Apple rules, it doesn't work.

So, "Yes, Absolutely..." might give some people false hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean, I can create interactive app (.swf) bt if I have already created

.swf which is interactive, I can not exec it on iphone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still possible to interpret what you've said in different ways. Here's what is possible:

You can create an FLA that is fully interactive, if it does not at run time load in external modules that contain code, and publish that as an app.

You can use the command line to make the app package from a swf, and it will work if the swf you have used does not at run time load in external modules that contain code.

You cannot make an app that at run time loads in an external swf that contains code. Or more exactly, you can load in the swf, but the code will be ignored.

One example file that has been used is a hello world swf, and it fails because as part of its code it loads in an external module that also contains code, and that's against the Apple rules.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Colin...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done a elearning course in a interactive way with many swfs for ipad, It is possible to maintain different as files and you can control everything for loaded swf too from your main index file. Ipad will not support external swf with codes (in the sense you can make your all codes within the index file). The index file with code will interpreted by the packager for iphone. So maintain .as files and include the code for external swf within your main index file in a smarter way and it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So. as far as the question goes "If you have a SINGLE swf file with UI interaction code. Can we run it on iPhone?"

The answer would be "Yes, Absolutely" [Sorry Colin ]

The reason I said yes absolutely right in the beginning is because I use the same thread subscribtion follow-up model as yours. and I already saw this description from Sampada in another thread titled "User interactive .swf apps can not exec properly on iphone."

@Sampada Please avoid duplicate threads with same questions.

Cheers!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to go further back in time to see where I got the impression that external code was being used:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3660394#3660394

And note too that it's a case where a single swf was used to publish the ipa, but, it happens to call a url to an external rsl preloader. Or it seemed that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep. and this one too http://forums.adobe.com/thread/849451 yesterday i answered this thread and saw that originator of this thread is same. So I thought user is now clear with the fact that external swf with AS loading doesnt work and now moving ahead to some other issue.

@Colin Thanks for your feedback anyways. Will be more descriptive in future.

@Sampada: Please dont open different threads with same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines