Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you put a distribution ipa that you created on your ipod

May 20, 2011 May 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am ready to upload my ipa using application loader.  I have been publishing as an ipa for development and it works great.  Now when I select publish for app store I can't put the ipa onto my ipod via the iphone configuration utility.  Are you not suppose to be able to do this, and this is normal?  Or is there something else going on?

The error it gives me is:  Could not install application on device.  Error:A signed resource has been added, modified, or deleted

Please help!

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2011 May 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you make an Ad Hoc build, which uses a distribution certificate and provisioning file, for that device, then the App Store upload file will also work on that device. You should definitely work that way, because it gives you a lot of peace of mind!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 23, 2011 May 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to make an ad hoc build you have to make an ad hoc provisioning profile from the ios provisioning protal though don't you?  That would have to be different from the apple store distribution profile, so even if the ad hoc worked how would that confirm that the app store one will?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 23, 2011 May 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was six months ago that I did this, but I think that both use the same distribution provisioning file. In any case, when I went through that I found that the same devices that worked with the ad hoc build also worked with the store submission build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines