• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Chromecast ANE

Engaged ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are looking to develop a #Chromecast #ANE to allow #AdobeAIR applications to cast from iOS and Android.

If you are interested in adding this to your AIR application please help us to fund the development and add this to the features available to AIR developers.

v1.png

Kickstarter now live!

Cheers,

Michael

air native extensions // https://airnativeextensions.com
TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here my advice: Don't focus only on mobile.

For the huge amount of money that you request, you should also support Windows and macOS at the beginning.

For sure that you will increase your target audience. Probably I would be one of the Pledge AU$ 500 users.

You made the same mistake with WebView and when you saw that is important with the sucess with other free ANE, you tryed to run behind the damage but was to late.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback.

Unfortunately there is no macOS or windows SDK for Chromecast. The main purpose of Chromecast is to extend from a mobile device to a larger screen. There is a Chrome SDK however integrating that with AIR is not something we've considered and along with that we have only received requests for mobile implementations of this extension.

We do understand that there is a need for windows and macOS implementations and we are currently in progress of extending several of our existing ANEs to support those platforms. However we also get significantly more requests for mobile ANEs than desktop so from our perspective the need is greater in the mobile environment.

Regards,

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I understand.

If you got more request for mobile, you should do what is better for you.

I never considered such ANE before because I never thought on that possibility (sometimes we can create new needs for customers).

For example, have such an ANE on desktop would be magnificent for presentations without HDMI cables to TV's or bad quality of projectors and also for customers with their own final customers !

I gladly pay a good money for such an ANE for desktop (Windows + macOS) but ok, if I have much for requests for mobile it can multiplicy for you.

Good luck for your ANE and the kickstarter.

Cheers,

Hugo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We'll be sure to investigate if Google make a macOS / Windows SDK available, but for the moment they appear to be concentrating on iOS / Android / Chrome for the Chromecast functionality.

Cheers,

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The desktop Chrome browser includes a Cast option, to send your screen to a Chromecast. Could be worth checking how they achieved that:

Casting a Chrome tab or entire desktop - Chromecast Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Colin,

Thank you very match for the tip.

I know that option, however seems like a very bad emulation.

Very slow to be usable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sure it's compatible to Apple's AirPlay, or maybe even worse. But it does show that casting is possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines