• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating IPA file with Multiple SWF files using ADT

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2011 Sep 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Iam successfully able to create ipa files using the ADT package but my next requirement is to create an IPA file with multiple swf files.I think it might be easy if your SWF files are regular the tough part is my swf file has lot of action script in it so the only option is to through the command prompt and using the ADT package of Adobe AIR.So now i have 10 SWF files like this and iam creating ipa file for each swf seperatly but now I want to put all of the swf files into one ipa file.Please let me know if i was not clear in my description

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 03, 2011 Sep 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to use loader to load swf files into your main movie it will work however none of the loaded swf actionscript will execute.

The reason this happens is that apple does not allow runtime language interpreters. Everything must be compiled to native code.

There is no reason you cannot use a shockwave class file though (swc).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 04, 2011 Sep 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make your AS3 program to load the swfs from your main swf and the external swf should not contain any script, you can attach more files using the space in the ADT command:

C:\AdobeAIRSDK\bin\adt.bat -package -target ipa-test -storetype pkcs12 -keystore [KEYFILE].p12 -storepass [KEY PASSWORD] -provisioning-profile [MOBILE PROVISION FILE].mobileprovision [IPA NAME].ipa [XML FILE NAME].xml [SWF FILE NAME].swf [SWF FILE NAME].swf [SWF FILE NAME].swfIcon_29.png Icon_48.png Icon_57.png Icon_72.png Icon_512.png Default-Landscape.png Default-Portrait.png Default-PortraitUpsideDown.png Default-PortraitLandscapeLeft.png Default-PortraitLandscapeRight.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2011 Sep 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are trying to explain how to load two swf's one with action

script and loading an other swf file which should be non action script.If

you read my requirement carefully.I have all the same type of swf's and

these swf are automatically created as a form of output for xcelsius dash

board software.Iam capable of creating individialu ipa files from these swf

files.So when I try to combine the same kind of swf files the first error

its giving is the file name which I have used in the xml.in the main file

name for the swf file its not considering the two swf file name in the

initial window.so the adt package in the command line is not understanding

the file name from the xml and the command prompt and giving error this swf

file does not exist.So please consider how to combine two swf files with AS3

into one ipa file.These swf files are not editable,Let me know if you find

any idea to achieve this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Deepak,

I can't think of a way to achieve this. The initial content can only have one swf. You could write an application which loads your other swfs, but since the other swfs contain code, this will not work in ipa-app-store targets, only in interpreter mode.

Thanks,

Sanika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again:

Make your AS3 program to load the swfs from your main swf and the external swf should not contain any script. I done with my project with lot of codes which was controlled from my main program and I included many as files whereever I want for external swfs from my main document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Relaxatraja: I think he is using Xcelsius to export some reports as swf and then packages the swf as ipa using ADT. It is not a Flash Builder/Flash Pro Project that he can change. These exported swfs have code in them, and hence they don't load with ipa-app-store target.

-Sanika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah! Understood

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Yes, i know that this post is from 2011.

If you could help me with this, i would appreciate:

I am trying to make my app to locally load some swf's.

For that, and because i can't store them on web, i reached the sollution here mentioned: Compile them into an .ipa.

For doing that, i will execute that ADT command:

C:\AdobeAIRSDK\bin\adt.bat -package -target ipa-test -storetype pkcs12 -keystore [KEYFILE].p12 -storepass [KEY PASSWORD] -provisioning-profile [MOBILE PROVISION FILE].mobileprovision [IPA NAME].ipa [XML FILE NAME].xml [SWF FILE NAME].swf (...).

I have a few questions about it:

-target   - To set the target as "ipa-app-store", do i have to choose the .p12 distribution keyfile and distribution provisioning profile?

[XML FILE NAME]  - That is the file that includes the names of each swf to be compiled or the app xml file (generated with the creation of the app)?

If that file includes the name of compiled swfs, how should it be written?

If i want to load .pdf's with the same way as swf's, can i do it?

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

so first off, please note the following: The thread is very old and its' information partly outdated. By now it is possible to include multiple .swf files that can all have code included, if you bundle them at package time. The "no code included" limitation only applies for swf files that are hosted on remote servers.

We use FlashDevelop to package our ipa, including multiple swfs. This is the adt call:

adt -package -target ipa-app-store  -storetype pkcs12 -keystore "..\_cert\production\app_signing\iphone.p12" -storepass xxx -provisioning-profile ..\_cert\appstore.mobileprovision  "dist\iphone-app-store.ipa" "application.xml" -C bin . -C "icons/ios" . -extdir ../_extensions

The application.xml file references the Air project application.xml that should be included in any Air project. By default, adt should bundle all swfs into your app that are included in the root directory of your main.swf

You should be able to include .pdf files the same way, however for loading and displaying them you will need an ANE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Thank you for the answer! Trying to do that, i am getting an error.

My comand-line code:

c:\>adt -package -target ipa-debug -storetype pkcs12 -keystore c:/ios/certificad

os/ios_development.p12 -storepass (...) -provisioning-profile c:/ios/certific

ados/empordefapp.mobileprovision c:/ios/ios.ipa c:/ios/ios-app.xml C:/ios/videos

/video(1).swf C:/ios/videos/video(2).swf C:/ios/videos/video(3).swf

Returns: c:/ios/ios-app.xml

c:/ios/ios-app.xml: error 302: Root content iOS.swf is missing from package

ios-app.XML:

<application xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/23.0">

<id>com.eti.EmporDefApp</id>

<versionNumber>1.0</versionNumber>

<filename>EmporDefApp</filename>

<description/>

<name>EmporDefApp</name>

<copyright/>

<initialWindow>

<content>iOS.swf</content>

<systemChrome>standard</systemChrome>

<transparent>false</transparent>

<visible>true</visible>

<fullScreen>false</fullScreen>

<aspectRatio>landscape</aspectRatio>

<renderMode>gpu</renderMode>

<autoOrients>false</autoOrients></initialWindow>

<icon/>

<customUpdateUI>false</customUpdateUI>

<allowBrowserInvocation>false</allowBrowserInvocation>

<iPhone>

<InfoAdditions><![CDATA[

<key>UIDeviceFamily</key>

<array>

<string>1</string>

<string>2</string>

</array>

]]></InfoAdditions>

<requestedDisplayResolution>standard</requestedDisplayResolution>

</iPhone>

</application>

Why that?

Can you help me?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The compiler can't find your iOS.swf file. Try to add C:/ios/iOS.swf or -C C:/ios at the end of your command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it gives me the same error (both ways)

Is my app-xml rigth?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error right now only means that the compiler can not find the file iOS.swf. So you added the path to the file to the compiler and its still complaining... Is there actually a file called iOS.swf in the directory C:\ios?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Sem_T_tulo.png

I have tried to run the adt from the root of my folder, with the same result

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just made a quick test and it looks like the compiler is case sensitive. Your ios.swf is all lower case, thats why it cant find the file iOS.swf. Change the application.xml entry to the lowercase "ios.swf" and it should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, that's what i also found rigth now

Now, it gives me an error 305: Initial window content SWF version 35 exceeds namespace version (...)23

I am trying to find where is the mistake.

EDIT: Problem solved!

My .fla was defined to run with Air 24 and i only have Air 23!

Now, thats time to search how to load my api content!

Can you please, give me some support about acessing an external ipa and load specific content? I cant find it.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines