• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Flash allow AIR deployment to iOS without a certificate in Flash Pro CC 2015?

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The instructions here...

Flash Professional Help | Packaging applications for AIR for iOS

The screen pictures do NOT match what I'm seeing in Flash Pro CC 2015...

I'm seeing the same thing I saw in Flash Pro CS6... which requires a p12 certificate, which I do not have.

I've read that Apple finally did away with the $99 Developer membership requirement for people wanting to test on their own devices...

Is that freedom restricted to people developing on Macs using Apple developer software?

Or does it also extend to Flash running on Windows trying to deploy to an iPhone connected to my laptop by USB.

The instructions say also mention "Testing and debugging on iOS via USB"... but I see NO SUCH options in my AIR for iOS Settings, Deployment tab.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a development certificate from Apple? You should find it in your Apple developer center. This certificate can be converted to a .p12 file.

Developing and testing / debugging on the iPhone is also possible with a Windows machine, though I have never done it with Flash CC, we use FlashDevelop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I've done more reading about this...

So about October, whenever Xcode 7 came out... Apple no longer required the $99 Developer account IF you were using Xcode 7.

Xcode 7 is MAC only.

The whole objective is to get the Developer Certificate AND the Provisioning Profile.

If I pay the $99... I can get both online... if I have a MAC and run Xcode 7, I can get both for testing purposes without the $99.

If I'm trying to use Flash on a Windows machine to make iOS apps... the only option is the $99... even for testing only.

Unless I'm doing something wrong with the Flash Pro CC 2015 I just installed last night.

I'll check FlashDevelop... but suspect it is the same song there.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can get the certificate going on any Mac, you should be able to use Keychain Access to export a P12 to use in Windows Flash Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For info on using a "free account" see here:

debugging - Test iOS app on device without apple developer program or jailbreak - Stack Overflow

Otherwise, you can use this batch file I wrote to generate iOS certificates on Windows.

1.) It will download OpenSSL if you do not have it installed already.

2.) It will ask for Name/Email/Country as specified in your Apple developer account

3.) It will generate a .certSigningRequest file with the info provided above

4.) You will upload the .certSigningRequest to create new certificate in apple developer account, and download the new certificate

5.) A .p12 file will be generated from the downloaded .cer file

http://www.filedropper.com/p12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines