• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error #3613: The native shader compilation failed.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since AIR 27 (Even with AIR 28 Beta) I get this error when trying to run any Starling project on a specific Windows 8 PC (Core i5 with Intel HD Graphics)

5Brxlkk.jpg

( https://i.imgur.com/5Brxlkk.jpg )

On the same machine, If I set --swf-version=37  I am able to run  every Starling project without any error.

Cdgrf1z.jpg

( https://i.imgur.com/Cdgrf1z.jpg  )

I think it's directly related to AIR 27 feature: Enable DirectX 11 for AIR Windows  ..." If the specific DLL for DirectX 11 is missing on the system, the rendering again falls back to Software mode".

My Question:

In case the specific DLL for DirectX 11 is missing, is it possible to fall back to DirectX 9 instead of Software Mode?

If it's not possible... is there at least way to indicate Adobe AIR, not try to render with DirectX11 and just continue rendering with DirectX9 as it was doing prior to AIR SDK 27?

Thanks in advance!

Diego

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have same problem, it still not yet fixed even with AIR v29

I have opened the issue here AIR 28 Error #3613: The native shader compilation failed · Issue #35 · Gamua/Adobe-Runtime-Support ·...

BUT for desktop target the problem still persists

Cmon Adobe, don't just add features, fix the problems too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

humm If I were to distribute an AIR app for Windows desktop that heavily depends on DirectX 11
I would test/detect DirectX 11 from the app installer, and if not found install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually...  My app does not need DirectX 11, it just works pretty well with DirectX9.  If I run the app on a Windows 7 machine which Adobe AIR render using DirectX 9, it works perfectly!  So what I would like to have is a way to force Adobe AIR to render using DirectX9 instead of DirectX 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well ... actually
posting a bug on the issue tracker is good eg. AIR-4198544
https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/AIR-4198544

but not following through by not answering what is asked
eg. "Please provide a sample application to reproduce the issue."

is basically WHY this is not resolved, if it is actually a valid bug in the first place

so you can keep complaining like bitchy little kid

or you can actually provide a sample app to allow the dev to replicate this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and STILL NOT RESOLVED until SDK v29.0.0.103

Shame shame shame

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though you are certainly right! and it's our fault for not sending a sample project. I think your words are a little bit rude!

Maybe we are not so outstanding developers like you, maybe we don't feel confident to fill in a report because English is not our native language, maybe we were not sure if it's a bug and wanted some opinions before, maybe I did not know there was an report already filled and Adobe was waiting for a response.

could you be a little bit more polite with your answers next time? we look for collaboration not an angry father here.

Anyway thanks for the link, I will try to provide a sample project.

PD: Sorry if I misunderstood your message but for me (an english learner) it sounds a little bit rude.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just read release notes, so on AIR v27 release notes

in the part Enable DirectX 11 for AIR Windows

AIR 26 and below used DirectX 9 for hardware accelerated rendering on Windows.  Beginning with AIR 27.0, AIR will use DirectX 11 for the hardware accelerated rendering for Windows 8.0 and above.

For Windows 7 and below, hardware accelerated content will continue to use DirectX 9.

The AIR application will load the respective DirectX 11 DLL i.e. d3d11.dll to render any hardware accelerated content.  If hardware acceleration is disabled, or the hardware is unavailable the rendering falls back to the Software mode.  If the specific DLL for DirectX 11 is missing on the system, the rendering again falls back to Software mode.

This feature is supported with SWF version 38 and above.

I do understand that from AIR v27 on anything that is Windows 8 or above

it will support ONLY DirectX 11

they don't say they will support a mixed mode that support both DirectX 9 and DirectX 11

at the contrary they say if the DirectX 11 DLL is missing on the system it will fall back to software mode

dfdiaza  wrote

Actually...  My app does not need DirectX 11, it just works pretty well with DirectX9.  If I run the app on a Windows 7 machine which Adobe AIR render using DirectX 9, it works perfectly!  So what I would like to have is a way to force Adobe AIR to render using DirectX9 instead of DirectX 11.

Easy, if you want DirectX 9 everywhere, then just publish an AIR v26

There is no way to force DirectX9 when you are publishing to AIR v27,

it may not work the way you want it to work but is is how it is
being stubborn about it is what I call bitching

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines