• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error when trying to test on android device with Flex 4.6 in Flashbuilder. aapt tool Failed ERROR

New Here ,
May 10, 2015 May 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

0 down vote  favorite  

I keep getting this error when I try to package to my android device. I have moved the aapt.exe, adb.exe, adbWinApi.dll, adbWinUsbApi.dll and the dx.jar to the appropriate places and the original error of the device not being recognized is gone and now I am hitting the following error below. I have searched for a solution but nothing pertains to this exact problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Also before anyone asks the android-res.jar is in the folder and has been updated with the latest sdk.

Following is this error:

Error occurred while packaging the application:

aapt tool failed:ERROR: Asset package include 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.6\sdks\4.6.0\lib\android\lib\resources\android-res.jar' not found.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2015 May 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd suggest doing a fresh install of the entire SDK and see if that resolves the problem: Apache Flex® - SDK Installer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2015 Sep 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello thedthom,

Just to keep this thread up to date, I will post what worked for me:

adb.exe, AdbWinApi.dll, AdbWinUsbApi.dll and dx.jar from Android sdk 23.0, and aatp from google sdk 20, working perfectly on windows 10 with flash builder 4.7 64 bit.

You will find the adb*.* files in <android sdk root>\platform-tools\

You will find the dx.jar file in <android sdk root>\build-tools\23.0.1\lib

You will find aatp.exe in <android sdk root>\build-tools\20.0.0

If you are using flash builder as a plugin in Eclipse Version: Luna Service Release 2 (4.4.2), this will not work due to scope issues.  It is an open bug discussed on this thread: Re: iOS Debug Internal Error

I will continue to test with ways to make it work as an eclipse plugin, since the flash builder native eclipse platform is very out of date, and many people these days prefer to use eclipse.  If I find a way, you will see a new post from me.  if not... well bad news ...

Anyway, I hope that this will assist someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines