Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fb 4.7 air sdk 15.0.0.349 Error occurred while installing the application

Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Im using fb 4.7 air sdk 15.0.0.349 with Macosx 10.9.4, xcode 6.1 (ios simulator 8.1) and i keep getting the following response when debugging with ios simulator:

Error occurred while installing the application:

Session did end with error (null)

Can you help?  Is this a bug being fixed yet?

Thanks.

zed0784

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 21, 2014 Nov 21, 2014

Hi,

The issue is fixed and will be available in next AIR SDK beta.

To try the fix now,

• Download isb from https://www.dropbox.com/s/sffwx8um12lkrzy/isb?dl=0

• Replace it with the one at <sdk>/lib/aot/bin/isb/isb

Thanks

Govind

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2014 Nov 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Govind all sorted.  You got us all worried for a moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 30, 2015 Jan 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

also needed to set the permissions to Execute for this fix to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2014 Dec 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fix is basically working for me with 16.0.0.222 beta. But I have to close simulator each time I want to run app in it. Does anyone face the same behaviour?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2014 Dec 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what do you mean exactly?  Please detail?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2014 Dec 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, sorry.. Here are details:

I use OS X Mavericks with IntelliJ IDEA 14.0.1, Xcode 6.1 and AIR SDK 16.0.0.222 (where I changed <sdk>/lib/aot/bin/isb/isb with one provided by Govind@adobe). I have run configuration to launch in ios simulator. I use /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator8.1.sdk path as ios sdk path.

When I click run for the first time everything works fine. Simulator is loading and installing app and launching it correctly. Now if I will press run once again (with simulator opened) I have this kind of error:

Screen Shot 2014-12-09 at 11.28.43.png

Session could not be started..

If I will close my simulator with Command + Q and press run again everything is working correctly again. So for my environment isb patch is working partly and I have to close simulator each time I want to run my app. Before this patch nothing was working at all.

Does anyone have the same situation?

Also I noticed that my environment variable AIR_IOS_SIMULATOR_DEVICE does not influence on device which is used by simulator. I specified iPad 2 before starting IntelliJ IDEA and it makes no changes. Simulator uses only iPhone 5 simulator.

I hope Adobe will release more stable version before new year. It's been long time since everyone started to struggling with this important things. I'm little bit disappointed with the fact that it's not solved yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2014 Dec 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I applied the isb fix to AIR 16 build 222 and now its working. However, now in flashbuilder 4.7, it takes forever to build and launch on the iOS sim. When I build in the AIR simulator, its super quick, but when the debug target is the iOS sim, it takes like 5 minutes! I'm on xcode6 and flashbuilder is pointing to the 8.1 iOS simulator and sdk. Anyone having the same issue? This just started up randomly - it has always built within 30 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2014 Dec 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated my setup to latest beta 16.0.0.245, but still two issues (see my post with details above) exist:

1. Session could not be started if I'm running app without closing simulator.

2. Changing simulator device command launchctl setenv AIR_IOS_SIMULATOR_DEVICE "iPhone 4s" does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 23, 2015 Jan 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was getting this error using the AIR SDK 15 release, but now that I've updated to the 16 release it works!

OSX 10.10.1, XCode 6.1, Flash Builder 4.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2015 Jan 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reply!

Everyone had it with 15 version. Me too. After 16 version I'm able to install app if simulator is closed. But if opened I have this error even with latest beta:

Screen Shot 2015-01-24 at 07.43.13.png

I think it's some sort of issue with my machine settings if no one have same issue.

Second issue for me is solved somehow after I delete some files (din't even notice which one).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 24, 2015 Jan 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tried it with the simulator open. I close out the simulator every time. I'll have to try it with the simulator still open and see if I get the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines