• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File system permissions in Android Marshmallow

Contributor ,
Apr 02, 2016 Apr 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I set my target SDK to marshmallow and request storage access in my manifest, it will not prompt the user to allow at run time. It will just fail to allow me to access the contents of the local storage. Application directory access is fine but not docs directory. I can change the target sdk back to lollipop but I think users are going to start expecting those granular permissions. Anyone have insight how to do this? I hope we don't need an ane for every permission now...

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2016 Oct 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My compliments to both of you for having such a civil exchange. I'm going to lock this topic now. There is good amount of useful technical stuff here, but that could get a bit lost if there are more posts not to do with the original topic.

You could send each other private messages if there was anything else to work out. Personally, I think you two would work well together!

Thanks again, for not making it a heated debate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 24, 2016 Oct 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And to make it really complete, here is the issue I had with your ANE from GDrive linked above (I can provide complete test code if you wish):

dx tool failed:

UNEXPECTED TOP-LEVEL EXCEPTION:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lcom/wadedwalker/nativeExtension/permissions/R$attr;

at com.android.dx.dex.file.ClassDefsSection.add(ClassDefsSection.java:122)

at com.android.dx.dex.file.DexFile.add(DexFile.java:161)

at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.processClass(Main.java:737)

at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.processFileBytes(Main.java:678)

at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.access$300(Main.java:83)

at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main$1.processFileBytes(Main.java:607)

at com.android.dx.cf.direct.ClassPathOpener.processArchive(ClassPathOpener.java:284)

at com.android.dx.cf.direct.ClassPathOpener.processOne(ClassPathOpener.java:166)

at com.android.dx.cf.direct.ClassPathOpener.process(ClassPathOpener.java:144)

at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.processOne(Main.java:637)

at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.processAllFiles(Main.java:511)

at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.runMonoDex(Main.java:281)

at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.run(Main.java:247)

at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.main(Main.java:215)

at com.android.dx.command.Main.main(Main.java:106)

1 error; aborting

Again.. sorry that I wanted to solve it myself and have not waited. Because this topic is there quite a long time, I have not expected some fast response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 15, 2016 Apr 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me know if you have had a chance to try it out. I'm eager (obviously) to get some feedback and if you had any issues or not getting it to work and if the docs made sense or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines